Who You Are
Are you bold, confident and charismatic….fun-loving with non-stop energy?
Do you love leading, working with and coaching young people?
Are you passionate about cultural exchange and international education?
If so, this role could be the one for you.
Work side-by-side with international staff this summer to lead activities, field trips and social events for groups of 20-40 international students. From organizing student parties and sports tournaments, to leading day trips and weekend excursions, this is a high-energy, non-stop kind of summer job that is as rewarding and fun as it is challenging.
- Assisting with student arrivals and departures.
- Delivering an initial welcome briefing to students.
- On-going promotion of activities and encouragement of student participation.
- Keep the students informed in regards of activity choices, meeting times and places and upcoming events.
- Attending and running all activities for your group.
- Collecting money for bus passes and optional excursions.
- Monitoring daily attendance and keeping up to date records and paperwork.
- Attending all leader meetings.
- Completing various duties on site when required.
- Ensuring the EF behaviour code is followed by students at all times and inform management immediately if there are any issues or problems.
- Dealing with problems and emergency situations should they arise.
- Working effectively within the EF team and with your Senior Staff.
- Enthusiastic, organised and a natural leader.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Capable of using your own initiative.
- Responsible and flexible.
- Have the right to live and work in the country of employment.
- Fluency in English.
- Attend training prior to your contract commencing.
- Criminal Background Check documents.
We are 46,500 staff, faculty and teachers, working in 500 offices and schools across 51 countries. While we continue to grow, we strive to stay small so as to ensure agility, smart thinking and a fun place to work. For the past 50 years, EF has grown to include a range of programs that give students of all ages the freedom and confidence to explore the world through language, travel and education.
Located across the globe, our language centers for youth, adults and professionals combine the best of traditional, in-school teaching with innovative language-learning technology. We offer intensive language instruction abroad in English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Japanese and Chinese. Courses run from 2 to 52 weeks for students traveling independently or in escorted groups of all levels and abilities. Classes take place in our international language centers in one of 16 countries and offer the very best locations and accommodation whether in local host family or in a student residence.
EF is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. References will be followed up and will ask specifically whether there is any reason that the applicant should not be engaged in situations where they have responsibility for, or substantial access to, persons under 18. Upon interview all gaps in CVs must be explained satisfactorily and proof of identity and, where applicable, qualifications will be required. Appropriate suitability checks will be required prior to confirmation of appointment.