Time frame & location: 18 months in 3 different locations around the world
About the program
As EF and the finance organization continues to grow rapidly we are now expanding the Global Finance Program and are recruiting more top talent who want to jump-start their international career, get a broad exposure to different finance areas and to EF's senior management team.
This 18-month program places you in three different roles across three cities and several business units. Most of the placements are in our main hubs: Boston, Toronto, London, Malta, Lucerne, Zurich and Hong Kong.
The foundation to a finance career
Be prepared for a steep learning curve. In the beginning, you will work with core areas of finance. Next, you will assume more hands-on and challenging tasks. Being exposed to different countries and business units will enhance your learning, give you deeper responsibilities, and develop a wide range of skills for a future leadership position.
As a member of the selective group of Global Finance Program trainees, you will be invited to international summits and training sessions with senior executives. You will also be assigned a personal mentor from senior management who will support you throughout the program.
Working in finance at EF gives you the opportunity to take on a variety of different leadership positions and enables you to have an immediate impact. As a private company, EF wants the finance staff to be very close to the business. After completing the Global Finance Program, you are guaranteed a challenging position in our organization. There are no pre-determined career paths, and each person sets their own goals. EF’s global reach, entrepreneurial culture, and strong business growth create unparalleled career paths for young professionals with high ambitions.
- Strong academic results from a top university
- Fluency in English (+ fluency in one additional language is preferred)
- International experience
- Exceptional analytical and logical thinking abilities
- Strong communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership experience
- Aspirations to pursue an international career in finance
- Proper work authorization for this opportunity (European work permit)
Talents and skills
- Your entrepreneurial spirit drives you to treat every endeavor as though it were your own business
- You are results-driven and hands-on. You believe nothing is impossible—if you have the right attitude
- You are a born leader, and you bring out the best in people around you
- You are not afraid to work with stars, because you are one yourself
- You have a flexible personality
- You have an innovative approach to problem solving
- You thrive under pressure, and enjoy fast-paced multicultural work environments
Who We Are
At EF Education First, we are travellers, innovators, thinkers and doers. We readily promote an open and collaborative workspace with not a single cubicle in sight. Our people are our biggest asset, and together we have created a culture of cooperation, project ownership, and impact. As the world leader in international education, with more than 46,500 staff and teachers working in 52 countries around the globe, our mission is simple: Opening the world through education. Since we were founded over 50 years ago, EF has helped more than 15 million people see the world, learn a language, or earn an academic degree. Don't miss the unique opportunity to join our one-of-a-kind team!
Please submit your resume and cover letter in English online. We screen applications on a rolling basis but we advise you to send in your application as soon as possible since the position starts in August 2018.
Location and Category
What our people say
My job is to lead and develop a financial organisation spread across more than 50 countries. Working in such a global role at EF means quite a few air miles, but collaborating with so many great colleagues around the world makes it worth it.Björn Bengtsson
CFO, EF Language
I spend a lot of my time on planning; trying to figure out how fast we can grow, supporting decision-making on markets we enter, offers to customers or where we're going to put teacher centers.Jonathan Hall