Job Title: Content and Social Media Manager
Location: Chelsea office, London or Ashridge House, Berkhamsted, Hertfordshire, HP4 1NS
Are you ready to become part of a global organization, with campuses in London, Boston, San Francisco, Dubai and Shanghai? For the right person, there is endless room for growth and a lifelong career, beginning at Hult-Ashridge.
Hult Ashridge Executive Education is one of three operating divisions of Hult International Business School, a global institution with campuses in Boston, Dubai, San Francisco, Shanghai and three in or near London. The School's mission is to transform the lives of individuals and organisations by providing an exceptionally valuable and enduring education that brings together people, cultures, and ideas from all around the world. Ashridge Hult is the B2B arm of this global organisation. We provide customized programs, scheduled courses and digital learning opportunities for the global leader. Our unique style of executive education helps organizations, management and leadership to develop their potential, embrace change and improve the lives of us all.
Executive Education for the Global Leader, creating better leaders for a better society
A new and crucial position in a growing team, we are looking for a Content and Social Media Manager, reporting to the CMO.
You are a highly motivated individual with a real passion for creating high quality and effective content that drives audience engagement across all of our channels. You will be a passionate social media evangelist and practitioner, and the marketing ‘owner’ of that channel.
Your role is an exciting mix of content creation (you will need to create content yourself – written, graphic and visual) and content commissioning (commissioning and managing internal and external resources to do the same) and social marketing - defining and driving our audience engagement through social channels.
You’ll be the pivotal person who plans our content calendar, identifies gaps and develops audience-led content to feed our communications channels. You will be responsible for defining and managing the organic social media plan, with the goal of increasing our external and internal social engagement, as a channel to amplify our message.
You have a strong eye for detail, excellent project management skills, and a natural creative flair. You will be a strong communicator, a natural ‘people person’, and have the gravitas to navigate a matrix organization and make things happen.
The position requires an excellent knowledge of content marketing and social marketing techniques, and a solid understanding of the power and value of integrated marketing campaigns.
Specifically, the Content & Social Media Manager will be responsible for:
- Creating the content that our audience want (either yourself, or through commissioning externally)
- Sharing content on the social channels our audience use
- Measuring the results of content and social marketing activities to iterate and improve
- Managing our content marketing calendar - identifying gaps, planning the pipeline, and managing the production
You will also:
- Need to work closely with other marketing functions such as Design, Digital Marketing and Email Marketing both as stakeholders and resources for content production
- Develop organic social media communications strategy in line with the content calendar
- Report and analyse campaign results, highlighting key trends.
- Promote content through social media channels to increase our reach.
- Seek out existing Hult/Ashridge relevant content and lead the planning, creation/editing and re-packaging of that content across our channels; including organic social, email, website content
- Liaise with members of Faculty and external agencies to commission and plan content
- Collaborate across functions; Research, Faculty, PR, Product, sales & marketing
- Conduct ongoing tests to gauge content and social channel effectiveness – such as a/b testing, and using Google Analytics
- A compelling writer, with attention to detail
- A natural juggler of many projects and activities
- Experience working within multi-media and graphical content development and delivery
- Can demonstrate experience of planning and activating content campaigns across social media channels such as LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter
- A passion for social media and digital advertising in general
- A good understanding of social listening and analytics tools
- Enjoys working on multiple projects, takes ownership and manages own workload
- A confident and competent communicator, able to build strong relationships across the business and externally with our agencies and contract partners
- A natural self-starter and networker
- Well organized, able to manage multiple tasks and projects
- Great communicator, and able to negotiate
- Self-sufficient, prepared to work on both planning and tactical activities
- Quick learner with positive attitude
- Fun, friendly personality
- Degree educated, ideally with an additional marketing or business qualification
- 25 days paid holiday each year (3 days typically held for Christmas period shutdown)
- Complimentary daily lunch and coffee/tea available to all staff
- Free access to on-site gym (with swimming pool, spa, sauna, steam room, squash court and outdoor sporting facilities)
- Free weekly yoga classes and organized staff 5ks
- Access to the company pension scheme and healthcare schemes
- Free staff shuttle to and from Berkhamsted station (set schedule)
- Free on-site parking
- Free access to Virtual Ashridge, our award-winning online learning resource tool
Ashridge values diversity and welcomes applications from all sectors of the community. Ashridge has an equal opportunities policy applicable to all vacancies.
Applications should consist of a CV (no more than 2 pages); and a summary (400 words max), setting out why you think you are a suitable candidate for this role.