Job Title: Waiter/Waitress
Location: Ashridge House, Berkhamsted, Hertfordshire, HP4 1NS
Reports to: Food & Beverage Manager
Part-time and Full-time options: 30-48 hours/week
At Ashridge House, we believe one of our most important roles is that of our wait staff. Key to our client satisfaction, our servers and bartenders are extremely critical in enhancing our client experience. When you work here, your days are full of variety. One day, you might be talking to the CEO of a company, and the next day, you will have the pleasure of delivering a slice of wedding cake to a bride. We also invest in our staff, offering relevant trainings to make sure our team is up-to-date on the best practices and trends in the industry. We are looking for people who enjoy delivering excellent customer service, while also having a little fun at work.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Delivering and clearing gourmet meals to parties of between 2 and 250
- Setting up gorgeous table settings, both in the main dining hall, and in private dining rooms
- Serving guests with a smile, providing excellent customer service
- Working alongside a hardworking team to deliver a consistent “Ashridge Experience”
- Look for ways to delight our clients
- Adhering to our sustainability policy when it comes to recycling and composting
- Driver’s license required, or some reliable way to get to work
- Friendly, personable and helpful
- Enjoys working is a beautiful Grade 1 listed facility, surrounded by amazing gardens
- Maintains a high standard of personal presentation
- Previous experience in a customer facing role is helpful
- Previous experience as a waiter/waitress is helpful
- Lives by our core values of: Attention to Detail, Cost-Conscious, Client Centric, Entrepreneurial Spirit, Passion, Teamwork, Nothing is Impossible.
- 25 days paid holiday each year
- Complimentary daily lunch and coffee/tea available to all staff
- Complimentary breakfast and dinner during early and late shifts
- Free access to on-site gym (with swimming pool, spa, sauna, steam room, squash court and outdoor sporting facilities)
- Access to the company pension scheme and healthcare schemes
- Free staff shuttle to and from Berkhamsted station during certain hours
- Free on-site parking
- Free access to Virtual Ashridge, our award winning online learning resource tool
Are you ready to become part of a global organization, with campuses in London, Boston, San Francisco, Dubai and Shanghai? For the right person, there is endless room for growth and a lifelong career, beginning at Ashridge.
Ashridge Executive Education is one of three operating divisions of Hult International Business School. Hult is a global institution with campuses in Boston, Dubai, San Francisco, Shanghai and three in or near London. The School's mission is to transform the lives of individuals and organisations by providing an exceptionally valuable and enduring education that brings together people, cultures, and ideas from all around the world.
Become the world’s most relevant business school.