As a Residence Life Coordinator, you will join the fast-moving Hult Boston team. We are looking for a dynamic, energetic, and detail-oriented individual to support our residential students at the Avalon, Hult House. As a Residence Life Coordinator you will play a key role in the formation of Hult Boston’s Residence Life Program and will be integral in the opening of Hult’s new residential facility, Hult House.
Who you are
- An entrepreneur- we strive to be the most relevant business school in the world. Our staff members are challenged to think outside the box and find creative solutions to problems
- Attentive to detail- we’re busy, and frequently have multiple competing priorities. You’ll need to be on top of all the small details
- Quality driven- our students are our best asset, and we strive each day to make their education the best possible experience.
- Serve as the main point of contact for all residential students, providing ongoing mentorship, direction to resources, and serving as an example for the community (please note, this is a live-in role)
- Serve on an on-call rotation (weekly), assisting with escalated situations and instructing Resident Assistant staff as needed
- Maintain a safe and positive learning community in residence through active engagement with residents and policy enforcement
- Utilize problem solving skills to solve roommate disputes and other types of mediation
- Manage building issues, including but not limited to Room Condition Reports, maintenance requests, and common space issues
- Assist with hall openings and closings, including at academic breaks
- Attend weekly staff meetings and 1:1s
- Assist with the development and delivery of Resident Assistant, Student Assistant, and Sophomore Assistant Fall Training and the Resident Assistant Summit
- Manage building-wide programming as determined by the Residence Hall Association
- Assist with Resident Assistant selection
- Lead residential management for the pre-university program
- Bachelor’s degree required
- At least two years of experience as a Resident Assistant or similar capacity
- Experience living, studying, or working abroad or experience working with international students and their particular adjustment issues
- Strong interpersonal and intercultural communication skills as well as a positive attitude
- Events management preferred, as is comfort with nontraditional work hours
Please note that you must have the right to work in the US to be considered for this position.
At Hult International Business School, students do more that earn a degree. They learn to see the world differently. By bringing together people, cultures, and innovative ideas from around the world, Hult is dedicated to providing an educational experience that transforms mindsets and careers.
With six campus locations in Boston, San Francisco, London, Dubai, Shanghai, and New York, and a student body of unparalleled diversity representing more than 150 nationalities, our students live a global education, not just learn about it.
It’s no longer enough to follow the paths of the past—that’s why Hult has designed a business school that looks to the future by focusing on developing leadership skills, challenging students with a future-oriented curriculum, and building the global perspective that only first-hand experience can bring.
We strive to be the most relevant business school in the world.
By using our global reach and always being creative, entrepreneurial, and on the cutting edge, our aim is to have a positive impact on individuals and organizations by transforming their management practices. In so doing, we hope to be the business school of choice for existing and aspiring leaders. We will contribute to sustainable growth, helping leaders to integrate commercial success and societal well-being.
Hult is an equal opportunity employer. Hult offers competitive salaries and benefits in a global, deeply multicultural working environment. If you are motivated by the prospect of an international career with a dynamic and forward-thinking school, we want to hear from you.
Hult International Business School is a 501©(3) non-profit educational organization registered in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC) to award U.S. degrees. Students are awarded a joint U.S. and U.K. degree on successful completion of the program. The U.K. degree is awarded by the Ashridge (Bonar Law Memorial) Trust, known as Ashridge, with which Hult has a strategic alliance.