Account Manager – Account Services Team
Cultural Care Au Pair
Please include a Cover Letter with your application.
About Cultural Care:
At Cultural Care Au Pair, we believe that cultural exchange has the power to make the world a more welcoming, understanding, and open place. We build global families by bringing together international visitors with American host families—providing meaningful childcare for families, an unforgettable year in America for au pairs, and a culturally enriching experience for both parties.
We are proud to be the largest and most experienced au pair organization in the world, having successfully placed more than 120,000 au pairs into welcoming American homes since 1989. Our program is strictly regulated, and our dedicated staff all over the world work together to ensure each participant has the experience of a lifetime.
Here at Cultural Care, we are a team of problem-solvers, relationship-builders, and innovators who are constantly thinking about how we can improve our program experience, respond to micro- and macro-level challenges, and stay relevant to our global audiences.
About the role:
You are a natural relationship builder, and truly enjoy working in a collaborative environment. If you disliked group projects in college, this job is not for you. If you want to play a major role in keeping our cultural exchange program healthy and vibrant for years to come, this job may be perfect for you.
Use your superior communication skills and timely responsiveness in this highly visible position within our company. Working mostly through phone and email communication, you serve as the primary resource of information and problem solving for our host families, au pairs, contractors and colleagues. While fielding a decent amount of phone calls daily, you are able to maintain a positive attitude and make every customer feel like your top priority. With every inquiry, whether a host parent, au pair or contractor, you proactively add value to the overall customer experience, by being thorough and anticipating future needs. You will work directly with our vast and experienced team of Local Childcare Consultants (LCCs). Host families also look to Program Specialists as a trusted resource for any program or finance questions throughout the year. You can explain policies and procedures in a clear, helpful way and are not afraid to remind families of payment deadlines in a professional manner.
This role gives insight into every aspect of our organization, setting up the right candidate for growth opportunities. This position is also exciting to those who have a strong appreciation for other cultures and languages, because you’ll have direct contact with many of our au pairs.
A day in the life…
- Kindly and effectively answer questions and resolve customer needs over the phone and email
- Identify and implement opportunities to enhance customer experience
- Engage in team-oriented activities: sharing ideas, giving feedback, and training new hires
- Prioritize customer needs and set realistic expectations
- Review documents to make sure we remain in 100% compliance with the US department of State
- Call and email host families to remind them of program fees, due dates, credits and discounts
- Responsible for the overall Accounts Receivable aspect of your region
Some things about you…
- Demonstrated relationship-building experience
- The ability to be a natural motivator, bringing passion and enthusiasm to a team
- 1-2 years of work experience, preferably in customer service
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Problem solving and conflict resolution skills
- Strong adaptability, flexibility, and resourcefulness
Some nitty gritty:
Occasional Saturday work and shift work required. Sometimes we celebrate hitting goals and honoring overseas visitors with evening dinners and events. We also have opportunities to dress up like superheroes and 90’s Rockstars, and attend Disco-themed parties. If you have a problem with this, you should think twice before applying. Our “over-the-top” culture permeates everything we do.
A few of our benefits & perks:
- Market-leading health insurance options with Harvard Pilgrim
- 3 weeks paid vacation (1st year), followed by 4 weeks (2nd year)
- 25% company match for your 401(k) contributions with Fidelity
- Comprehensive training and professional development
- Sunny open-concept office space
- Company match of your charitable contributions (up to $500 per year)
Cultural Care Au Pair is associated with EF Education First, the world leader in international education.
About EF Education First
We’re 43,500 small. We’re teachers and students, creatives and analysts, visionaries and doers. We are 120 nationalities—and counting. Together, we open the world through education, breaking down barriers of language, culture and geography all over the world. Over the past 50 years, our mission has grown to include a diverse range of programs that give millions of students of all ages the freedom and confidence to explore the world through language, travel and academic opportunities. Follow us on LinkedIn or check out http://careers.ef.com to learn more about our amazing team, products, and customers.