EF Explore America
June 2019 start date
Are you someone who believes opening the world through education and cultural exchange is important? Do you believe in the power of creating transformative experiences through experiential learning? Do you have a great story to share about how travel has impacted you and you can’t wait to share that with others? Do people see you as an outgoing person who is good at connecting with people? Are you a natural at building great relationships?
We are looking for entrepreneurial people to join our sales team who will partner with teachers to inspire them and coach them through establishing a travel program within their school and community. In this role you will be responsible for shaping the direction and overall growth strategy in your territory leading it to success.
As a Tour Consultant, you will be responsible for developing new and repeat business within your territory, ensuring high levels of retention through top-notch customer service and building key relationships. This will be achieved through heavy phone sales where you will work to establish strong relationships with each educator through consistent and collaborative contact. You will work closely with educators to consult and understand their needs, choose the tour itinerary that best fits their needs, support them every step of the way leading up to their departure and be there for them when they return where you will anxiously be waiting to hear their thoughts and ideas on what they loved and what they would like to do next time! Ultimately, you will help to create an unforgettable travel experience for as many students as possible across the country, and support educators to continue a tradition of travel on an annual basis.
- Exceptionally strong communicator: clear, persuasive, motivating and trustworthy
- Positive attitude – you think nothing is impossible (yes, really – this is a non-negotiable for us)
- Ability to build strong relationships with your colleagues and the educators you are partnering with
- Excellent time management and organizational skills with ability to meet deadlines
- Student mentality – you can’t wait to learn our sales process and work to constantly improve on your craft
- Fearless – willing to take a chance, try something new and look for new opportunities to grow your territory
- Humble – you love to celebrate a good win but also share the spotlight with your colleagues
- Driven team player with a strong work ethic
- Prior sales experience preferred
- Demonstrated proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite including: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree
Highlights of Benefits
- Annual base salary and unlimited bonus potential
- Market-leading healthcare and other generous benefits including discounts on Patriots, Bruins and Celtics tickets as well as gym memberships and other retailers
- Three weeks paid vacation time to start and four weeks in year two (and even more the longer you work at EF!)
- Receive paid travel at least once a year in North America or internationally
- Complimentary in-house language classes (Bonjour!)
- Innovative and collaborative work environment (no cubicles in sight!)
- Comprehensive training and professional development including annual “kickoffs” and offsites to learn, grow and celebrate
- Chosen as Boston Globe’s “Top Places to Work” – 2017
EF Explore America provides experiential educational tours for students across America so that they gain new perspectives, build skills for the future, and visit the nation’s leading destinations. To learn more visit www.efexploreamerica.com.
A bit about EF Education First:
EF provides life-changing education for global citizens. For over 50 years, our mission has been to give confidence and freedom to people of all ages, nationalities and backgrounds. With the desire to define your own path in life, and a little courage, EF opens up a world of possibilities.
The company is still owned by the same family that founded it more than 50 years ago. Since then, EF has grown to more than 50,000 teachers and staff in over 500 schools and offices in over 50 countries.
Sounds enormous, right? The interesting thing is that we don’t operate like a conglomerate. We get the best of a small company’s values, atmosphere, and energy with the resources of a big one. Talk about a great place to work—no wonder we’ve been right at the top (#1 and #2 to be exact) of the Boston Globe’s Top Places to Work list the last 2 years.