Job Title: Business Development Manager - UK
Location: Ashridge, Berkhamsted, Hertfordshire, HP4 1NS
Reports To: Regional Director UK & Ireland
Salary: Competitive salary, plus bonus
Please note that you must have the right to work in the EU to be considered for this position.
Are you ready to become part of a global organization, with campuses in London, Boston, San Francisco, Dubai and Shanghai? For the right person, there is endless room for growth and a lifelong career, beginning at Ashridge.
Ashridge Executive Education is one of three operating divisions of Hult International Business School. Hult is a global institution with campuses in Boston, Dubai, San Francisco, Shanghai and three in or near London. The School's mission is to transform the lives of individuals and organisations by providing an exceptionally valuable and enduring education that brings together people, cultures, and ideas from all around the world.
Become the world’s most relevant business school.
Ashridge Executive Education (AEE) is looking for a Business Development Manager, focused on selling our full executive education offering to UK based clients. This is an exciting opportunity to play a role in the continued rapid growth across all parts of the AEE Sales function.
As Business Development Manager, your responsibilities will initially include, but not be limited to:
- Identifying and proactively acquiring new UK based clients, predominantly for the customized Client Solutions part of the business. Including prospecting, developing and closing clients, accounting for all phases of the sales process.
- You will generate revenue while developing insight into a fast-growing, international business, working often with high-profile corporate clients. This will need a rapid understanding of and familiarity with the full portfolio of products, the existing booking systems, pricing parameters and underlying sales principles in use.
- Additionally, qualifying and following up leads received by AEE.
- Attend client meetings and develop business in the interests of AEE.
- Develop and maintain a personal network internally at AEE as well as externally with Clients, predominantly at senior executive level.
- As a member of the AEE sales team, participate in the implementation of the global strategic sales objectives and contribute in identifying and implementing continual process and practice improvements.
- Proven track record in a proactive sales environment, ideally in the executive education sector
- Understanding of the executive education sector
- Previous experience of consultative/relational selling approaches
- Commercial acumen
- Familiarity with the use of CRM systems/Salesforce
- Strong experience developing and maintaining client relationships that sustain results
- Confident decision maker
- Strong presentation skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Excellent communications skills
- University graduate
- Fluency in English; other language skills are a plus
- Fast learner; fast implementer
- Thrives under pressure and in a target driven environment
- Energetic, positive and professionally passionate
- Willing to travel when business needs demand
- Constant over-achiever, highly competitive, creative and solutions-oriented
- Self-motivated with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Strong presence with solid influencing skills
- Ability to develop long lasting business relationships
- A passion for Executive Education
- 25 days paid holiday each year (including 3 set days in December, around the holidays)
- Complimentary daily lunch available to all staff
- Free access to on-site gym (with swimming pool, spa, sauna, steam room, squash court and outdoor sporting facilities)
- Access to the company pension scheme and healthcare schemes
- Free staff shuttle to and from Berkhamsted station (set schedule)
- Free on-site parking
- Free access to Virtual Ashridge, our award-winning online learning resource tool
AEE is an equal opportunities employer. If you are motivated by the prospect of an exciting developmental opportunity in a growing and fast paced sales environment, we want to hear from you.
Applications should consist of a CV (no more than 2 pages); and a summary (400 words max), setting out why you think you are a suitable candidate for this role.
At the heart of Ashridge Executive Education is the Ashridge (Bonar Law Memorial) Trust, a major UK charity incorporated by Act of Parliament that exists to provide global executive education together with appropriate research and to maintain Ashridge House and Gardens for the benefit of the nation. The Ashridge site in Berkhamsted acts as both the hub for this global operation and as a major conference centre.
Hult International Business School, Inc. is a non-profit corporation organised in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and accredited by the New England Association of Schools & Colleges to award US degrees. Hult has a strategic alliance with Ashridge, which is a legally separate UK charity and has the power to award UK degrees. Hult and Ashridge present a combined position under a common brand and operate as an integrated educational institution, which leverages on the strengths of both.