Technology, creativity and innovation come together at Education First’s Lucerne Technology Hub.
EF is investing big in new software innovation products for the next generation of Education experiences. We want to reinvent Learning and drive new and engaging ways for Students, Parents and Teachers to get the best out of our platform. We’re looking for like-minded individuals who love to grow and solve new and interesting problems.
We are in need of an exceptional Software Engineer who has a keen passion for Quality, including but not limited to software testing, test driven development, CI pipelines and helping to drive quality within an established product team. You will work with service and front-end engineers in our pursuit of a high-quality, low-friction and highly productive development environment. You will have the opportunity to help define key pillars of the build and deployment architecture, as well as be responsible for a lot of the automated tests and testing infrastructure.
Work with engineering leadership to drive engineering quality and standards.
Build and maintain the CI and CD pipelines.
Define, build and maintain the Quality gates that will form part of our releases.
Deliver high quality, maintainable code.
Drive the development of an end-to-end build and release pipeline.
Help to build automated systems and test frameworks to support the development of high-quality products.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
Proven experience in a DevOps or a build/automation engineering role.
BSc, BEng in Computer Science, other technical subject, or equivalent qualification or technical experience a plus.
EXPERIENCE / DEMONSTRATED SKILLS:
- Experience working with Linux, Kubernetes and Docker is required. Experience in any of the following is desirable: AWS, Git, Jenkins/CircleCI
- Experience with test frameworks like Cypress, gomock or similar etc... is required.
- Experience defining Quality targets
- You should have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- An ability to work quickly, efficiently, and to a tight deadline.
- An outgoing and enthusiastic personality.
- A real passion for working in a team and building great products that delight end users.
- A drive for excellence and improvement.
- A love for automating things - if it can be scripted, it should be scripted.
BENEFITS AND FUN STUFF:
- Competitive salary
- Accident insurance
- Reimbursement for Swiss travel half pass
- Discounted German lessons
- Discounts at local shops and restaurants
- Bookable free passes for mountains, museums, boats etc.
- Beautiful lakeside listed building as office
- Great office atmosphere with events, talks, happy hours and excursions