Associate Production Manager, UK, Benelux and Scandinavia– EF Go Ahead Tours, Operations Department, Zurich, Switzerland
EF Go Ahead Tours is a North American Tour Operator that is part of the EF family of travel and education programmes. As the world’s largest private education company, we draw on over 50 years of experience and a rich network of local Tour Directors and experts to create one-of-a-kind journeys for curious travelers. Each trip offers the perfect balance of carefully planned activities and free time to explore interests, so our customers return home with memories that last a lifetime. Visit www.efgoaheadtours.com for more information.
Position to start 1st November 2019
As the Associate Production Manager for UK, Benelux and Scandinavia with Go Ahead Tours, you are responsible for planning the finer tour details in order to provide a smooth and enjoyable tour experience. To do this, you will source and manage various elements of our tours as specified below and coordinate their timing, flow, budget, and quality. You will also be responsible for communication with these suppliers and working with our Tour Directors in order to execute your vision.
- Sourcing, contracting, and booking: Identify, acquire, and book all services and suppliers for each tour (see Tour Element Responsibility below)
- Managing supplier relationships: Maintain a positive and constructive relationship with existing and potential suppliers to provide an exceptional and authentic customer experience
- Managing the details: Ensure all administration such as contracts, bookings, invoices, and supplier communications are well managed and that all safety and budget guidelines are adhered to.
- Overseeing customer experience: Production planning, ensure seamless tour flow and consistency, execute custom itineraries, and liaise interdepartmentally to manage expectations and fulfill customer requests
- Developing our product: Actively partner with our Product Development Team by identifying market opportunities, contributing to overarching product strategy, and maintaining and improving current portfolio
- Managing Tour Director relationships: Tour preparation and support, Tour Director community engagement and consultation, and ongoing incorporation of Tour Director feedback
- Building expertise: Build and maintain local knowledge, competition awareness, and travel industry insights
Tour Element Responsibility
- Entrance fees
- Excursions and experiential activities
- Special events
- Excellent relationship management: You’re supportive, empathetic, connected, and well-networked
- Ability to multitask: You can balance workload, manage urgency, and you can easily pivot between tasks. With strong communication and problem-solving skills, you face new challenges productively and collaboratively
- High levels of organization: You’re organized, you plan ahead, and you manage your time to stay on-track
- Customer focus: Your creativity promotes the development of itineraries and your eye for details helps you manage tour flow and consistency to optimize customer experience.
- Strong negotiation skills: You’re able to leverage your network and use the tools at your disposal to provide the best services for your product at low rates
- A willingness to travel: You’re prepared to spend time on the road learning your market and cultivating relationships
- Fluency in English.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Minimum two years of experience in travel, tourism or service industry
- To be considered for this role, applicants must either be Swiss citizens, EU-nationals or have the legal right to live and work in Switzerland.
Please submit your CV and Cover Letter in English online. We will screen applications on a rolling basis.
Working at EF
- You will have the opportunity to work within an innovative, engaging and multicultural environment.
- Have the opportunity to build strong and lasting business relationships.
- Have the opportunity in developing your career within EF and our new working location in Zurich.
EF offers a wide range of benefits ready for our team members to enjoy during weekends, after work and with friends and family, including:
- Discounted passes to local destinations and tourist hot-spots such as Mount Titlis or Kunsthaus Zurich.
- Full reimbursement of the SBB ‘halb-tax’ travel card, allowing significantly discounted train travel covering country-wide public transportation.
- Free membership for our newly built gym or get involved with our variety of sports teams.
- Seasonal and monthly office events including holiday parties, ski trips and pay-day happy hours.
- Discounts on a wide range of local restaurants, shops, hotel stays and EF products.
- 15% off in-house child care service (more info. available).
Whilst working in our newly built state-of-the-art office in the heart of Zurich, you will constantly be able to enjoy all of the above deals and many more that EF have to offer.
We are 52.000 staff, faculty and teachers, working in over 600 offices and schools across 52 countries, and having a global presence in 116 countries. While we continue to grow, we strive to stay small to ensure agility, smart thinking and a fun place to work. For the past 54 years, EF has grown to include a range of programs that give students of all ages the freedom and confidence to explore the world through language, travel and education.
EF is an equal opportunities employer. EF offers competitive salaries and a multicultural working environment. If you are motivated by the prospect of an international career with a dynamic and forward-thinking company, we want to hear from you.