EF International Language Center of English is currently recruiting part-time ESL teachers to teach at our Tarrytown, New York campus for our very busy 2019 Summer Term.
Special consideration will be afforded to those applicants looking for long-term employment. We offer a variety of different teaching schedules, including mornings and afternoons, along with partial-week schedules. Resources and curriculum are provided. We are looking to fill short-term teaching assignments during the 2019 Summer Term. For those interested in short-term teaching assignments, 1-month, 2- month, and 3-month contracts are available.
Duties and responsibilities: Your responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Teach scheduled contact hours as requested by Academic Management
- Provide high quality classes using our Efekta™ blended learning program
- Complete the necessary administrative work required for classes in a timely manner
- Prepare materials and resources relevant to your classes, including handouts, quizzes, tests and assignments as needed for each course
- Help students with queries they may have and communicate this with the appropriate department
- Actively participate in teacher meetings and all staff development activities
- University degree or equivalent
- TEFL certificate or 3 months ESL teaching experience required
- Native or proficient level English
- Highly motivated, proactive and positive
- Organized and thorough and able to work well under pressure and within strict time constraints
- Excellent planning and organization skills, with good attention to detail
- The ability to provide exceptional customer service to large volumes of students on a daily basis
- Experience with standardized ESL exams, such as TOEFL, IELTS or Cambridge is a plus
EF New York provides ongoing professional development to our instructors in the field of English language teaching. Additionally, EF will sponsor up to three modules of the TKT for seasonal summer hires, dependent upon duration of employment. Learn more about the benefits of teaching for EF International Language Center / New York here: http://tinyurl.com/efnewyorkcareers
So, why work for EF? EF runs an inspiring professional development program year round, and the possibility of continued employment and growth within the company. We are 40,500 staff, faculty and teachers, working in 500 offices and schools across 52 countries. While we continue to grow, we strive to stay small so as to ensure agility, smart thinking and a fun place to work. For the past 50 years, EF has grown to include a range of programs that give students of all ages the freedom and confidence to explore the world through language, travel and education.