EF Explore America
October 21, 2019 Start Date
Are you someone who believes opening the world through education and cultural exchange is important? Do you believe in the power of creating transformative experiences through experiential learning? Do you have a great story to share about how travel has impacted you and you can’t wait to share that with others? Do people see you as an outgoing person who is good at connecting with people? Are you a natural at building great relationships?
Our Boston office is looking for entrepreneurial people to join our sales team who will partner with teachers to inspire them and coach them through establishing a travel program within their school and community. In this role you will be responsible for shaping the direction and overall growth strategy in your territory leading it to success.
As a Tour Consultant, you will be responsible for developing new and repeat business within your territory, ensuring high levels of retention through top-notch customer service and building key relationships. This will be achieved through heavy phone sales where you will work to establish strong relationships with each educator through consistent and collaborative contact. You will work closely with educators to consult and understand their needs, choose the tour itinerary that best fits their needs, support them every step of the way leading up to their departure and be there for them when they return where you will anxiously be waiting to hear their thoughts and ideas on what they loved and what they would like to do next time! Ultimately, you will help to create an unforgettable travel experience for as many students as possible across the country, and support educators to continue a tradition of travel on an annual basis.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Exceptionally strong communicator: clear, persuasive, motivating and trustworthy
- Positive attitude – you think nothing is impossible (yes, really – this is a non-negotiable for us)
- Ability to build strong relationships with your colleagues and the educators you are partnering with
- Excellent time management and organizational skills with ability to meet deadlines
- Student mentality – you can’t wait to learn our sales process and work to constantly improve on your craft
- Fearless – willing to take a chance, try something new and look for new opportunities to grow your territory
- Humble – you love to celebrate a good win but also share the spotlight with your colleagues
- Driven team player with a strong work ethic
- Prior sales experience preferred
- Demonstrated proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite including: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S. and the position will not provide future visa sponsorship
Highlights of Benefits:
- Bonus Opportunities
- Market-leading healthcare and other generous benefits including discounts on Patriots, Bruins and Celtics tickets as well as gym memberships and other retailers
- 25% company match on your 401(k)
- Three weeks paid vacation time to start and four weeks in year two (and even more the longer you work at EF!)
- Receive paid travel at least once annually in North America or internationally
- Complimentary in-house language classes
- $1,500 yearly stipend for continued education
- Innovative and collaborative work environment (no cubicles or private offices in sight!)
- Comprehensive professional development and social events including annual “kickoffs” and off-sites to learn, grow and celebrate
About Explore America:
At EF Explore America, we believe in helping educators expand the walls of their classrooms by engaging students in experiential learning opportunities across North America.
We are proud to offer experiences that combine the power of experiential learning with the thrill of travel. Our tours help students expand their knowledge of the world, themselves, and themselves in the world. They’ll discover new places and cultures, growing more confident and independent.
Here at EF Explore America, you will join a team of collaborators, relationship-builders, and doers. We are committed to expanding our reach to more educators while maintaining high quality and innovate tours for our customers. Find out more here: https://www.efexploreamerica.com/
A bit about EF Education First:
EF is the world’s largest international education company – providing life-changing educational experiences to create global citizens. We offer millions of people the opportunity to learn a language, travel abroad, experience another culture or earn an academic degree. Since 1965, EF’s mission has been opening the world through education. Our 52,000 employees have a worldwide presence in over 600 schools and offices within 50 countries.
For more information about our career opportunities, visit www.careers.ef.com