Who You Are
Do you have a passion for teaching and learning?
Do you want to work among international groups of energetic young learners?
If you love to create lively and engaging language lessons and want develop your professional skills in teaching, then this is the role for you.
Work with the support of a professional academic team and tried and trusted materials to deliver the EF academic programme to classroom groups of up to 17 language students. You’ll be planning lessons that create an inspiring safe and supportive classroom environment where building your students’ confidence in using language is your primary concern. Watching the group bond and their language flourish is rewarding for experienced and novice teachers alike, which is what brings so many of our teachers back year on year.
- Teach classes following the EF methodology.
- Lesson planning and preparation before each class.
- Interactive, communicative classroom management of groups of up to 17 students.
- Facilitate and mark tests.
- Daily liaison with colleagues to discuss progress & ongoing lessons.
- Monitor daily attendance and keeping up to date records and paperwork.
- Attend all teacher meetings.
- Deal with problems and emergency situations should they arise.
- Work effectively within a team to deliver excellence in customer experience.
- Ensuring the safety and well-being of students at all times.
- Fluency in English – spoken and written.
- Visa or passport permitting work in the advertised location.
- A knowledge of communicative language teaching techniques for young learners.
- Have the ability to create a positive learning environment.
- Enthusiastic, confident and energetic.
- A natural leader with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented and punctual.
- Goes above and beyond, never settling for status quo.
- Able to attend 2-day training prior to contract commencing.
- One of the following MINIMUM qualifications (All certification and online training must be completed before face to face EF training):
A State Teacher Credential (PGCE, Bed, MA) plus training in EFL/EAL.
Online TEFL (minimum 60 hours) with teaching or related experience.
Online TEFL (minimum 60 hours) blended with a two day practical.
Face-to-face TEFL (eg. CELTA, minimum 100 hours).
Please submit your CV and teacher certification. (If you are still in the process of acquiring your certification, notify us in a cover letter).
* Homestay roles are only available if you can provide your own accommodation in the advertised location.
* Please only apply to one EF International Language Campuses- Summer Camps job, based on your preferred role and location/accommodation type.
We are 46,500 staff, faculty and teachers, working in 500 offices and schools across 51 countries. While we continue to grow, we strive to stay small so as to ensure agility, smart thinking and a fun place to work. For the past 50 years, EF has grown to include a range of programs that give students of all ages the freedom and confidence to explore the world through language, travel and education.
Located across the globe, our language centers for youth, adults and professionals combine the best of traditional, in-school teaching with innovative language-learning technology. We offer intensive language instruction abroad in English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Japanese and Chinese. Courses run from 2 to 52 weeks for students traveling independently or in escorted groups of all levels and abilities. Classes take place in our international language centers in one of 16 countries and offer the very best locations and accommodation whether in local host family or in a student residence.
EF is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. References will be followed up and will ask specifically whether there is any reason that the applicant should not be engaged in situations where they have responsibility for, or substantial access to, persons under 18. Upon interview all gaps in CVs must be explained satisfactorily and proof of identity and, where applicable, qualifications will be required. Appropriate suitability checks will be required prior to confirmation of appointment.