Job Title: Business Development Executive, Sports & Business
Location: Field based & Ashridge, Berkhamsted, Hertfordshire HP4 1NS
Reports To: Business Development Director
Please note that you must have the right to work in EU to be considered for this position.
Are you ready to become part of a global organization, with campuses in London, Boston, San Francisco, Dubai and Shanghai? For the right person, there is endless room for growth and a lifelong career, beginning at Ashridge.
Ashridge Executive Education is one of three operating divisions of Hult International Business School. Hult is a global institution with campuses in Boston, Dubai, San Francisco, Shanghai and three in or near London. The School's mission is to transform the lives of individuals and organisations by providing an exceptionally valuable and enduring education that brings together people, cultures, and ideas from all around the world.
Become the world’s most relevant business school.
Ashridge Executive Education (AEE) is looking for a confident and successful Business Development Executive to sell their Sports Business Programmes to other businesses. The successful candidate will be responsible for delivering sales and maximising revenue by identifying prospects and opportunities, building relationships, negotiating and closing business deals. Including programme budget and financial planning, client contractual planning and ongoing account management. This is an exciting opportunity to play a significant role in the continued growth of the Business.
As Business Development Executive, your responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
• Identifying business to business opportunities by finding potential new customers and converting them into clients and increased business.
• Delivering business plans to meet sales targets with enthusiasm and drive.
• Developing key relationships and influencing the decision makers within organisations to ensure Ashridge is positioned as the preferred partner within the marketplace.
• Maximising buying opportunities and creating demand through knowledge of the market and competitors and highlighting the company’s differentiators and USP.
• Writing and delivering compelling pitch presentations for new business, requiring a thorough knowledge of the market and the solutions/services that Ashridge could provide above its competitors. Participating in pricing the solution/service.
• Managing, growing and retaining existing accounts by presenting new solutions and services to clients, and by developing excellent partnerships and delivering first class customer service, within budget and agreed timeframes.
• Holding regular face to face meetings and conference calls to ensure good contract management and regular reporting for new and existing accounts to ensure compliance, governance and meeting performance expectations and ensuring all client interactions are documented and circulated internally.
• Ensuring that data is accurately entered and managed within the company’s CRM system (Salesforce)
- Understands the executive education market and the role that sports business can contribute to this
- Proven success in a B2B sales role with strong commercial acumen
- Exceptional face to face and phone based communication skills
- Ability to prepare and deliver presentations to key decision makers
- Organised with a strategic approach to targeting new accounts
- Strong presence with solid influencing skills and an ability to put together new business quotations
- A passionate relationship builder
- Energetic, positive and professionally passionate
- Self-motivated with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Thrives under pressure in a target driven environment
- A passion for Executive Education
- A genuine team player
- Willingness to travel
- A keen interest in a variety of sports is helpful
- Competent in Microsoft programmes including Word, Excel and PowerPoint and knowledge of Salesforce CRM system
- 25 days paid holiday each year
- Complimentary daily lunch available to all staff
- Free access to on-site gym (with swimming pool, spa, sauna, steam room, squash court and outdoor sporting facilities)
- Access to the company pension scheme and healthcare schemes
- Free staff shuttle to and from Berkhamsted station (set schedule)
- Free on-site parking
- Free access to Virtual Ashridge, our award winning online learning resource tool
AEE is an equal opportunities employer. If you are motivated by the prospect of an exciting developmental opportunity in a growing and fast paced sales environment, we want to hear from you.
Applications should consist of a CV (no more than 2 pages); and a summary (400 words max), setting out why you think you are suitable candidate for this role.
At the heart of Ashridge Executive Education is the Ashridge (Bonar Law Memorial) Trust, a major UK charity incorporated by Act of Parliament that exists to provide global executive education together with appropriate research and to maintain Ashridge House and Gardens for the benefit of the nation. The Ashridge site in Berkhamsted acts as both the hub for this global operation and as a major conference centre.
Hult International Business School, Inc. is a non-profit corporation organised in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and accredited by the New England Association of Schools & Colleges to award US degrees. Hult has a strategic alliance with Ashridge, which is a legally separate UK charity and has the power to award UK degrees. Hult and Ashridge present a combined position under a common brand and operate as an integrated educational institution, which leverages on the strengths of both.