EF Education First has an immediate opening for a Senior Salesforce Engineer on the EF International Language Campuses technology team based in our beautiful new headquarters in Zurich. You will be responsible for developing end to end solutions that will directly impact the efficiency and overall success of our sales staff around the world.
Your role will include collaborating with Salesforce Product Owners, Solution Architects, Engineers, and Admins to develop new features and to optimize existing processes. You will work hands-on with local and remote engineering teams to deliver projects and ensure high quality solutions.
As a foundation of your skills you have a strong previous OOD background in .NET or JAVA, and experience working across the full stack in large and complex enterprise systems. You have complemented this strong foundation with your skills as a Salesforce Engineer becoming well versed over the last years on the Salesforce platform.
If you are excited about tackling and solving tough problems; if you want to be part of a fast-paced work environment and work inside the support structure of a global enterprise; if you want to be a front runner in changing how our EF conducts business through technology and design - then this position is for you.
- Development of our new Salesforce implementation, collaborating within your team and across other agile teams to implement best-in-class solutions.
- Embrace agile best practices, software engineering methodologies, and CI/CD practices.
- Integrate your system with other systems developed by teams located both in-house and remotely, coordinating engineering strategies and common activities that impact other teams
- Execute on the delivery of Salesforce.com projects/integrations from a technical point of view & provide input on the tradeoffs with technology and feasibility and help make choices that fit the constraints of the projects.
- Direct involvement in developing business requirements, specifications, process flows, application design, application configuration, testing and release management.
- Manage Salesforce.com technical environments to ensure safe, secure and organized deployment of projects/code/configuration & administer system releases using standardized release management techniques via Salesforce DX and Git.
Mindset and Interpersonal Skills
- You have excellent communication skills – not just spoken but also written
- You are a team player – who is part of a successful cross-functional team having a composition of developers, QAs, BAs and admins
- Most importantly, you are sensitive to cultural differences in globally spread teams
- Have strong attention to detail and excellent problem-solving skills
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related Engineering discipline.
- At least 6 years of software development and integration experience with .NET or JAVA.
- At least 2 years of Salesforce.com development experience.
- Great OO skills, including strong design patterns knowledge and enterprise integration paradigms.
- Knowledge of software best practices like Refactoring, Clean Code, Domain Driven Design, SOLID principles, etc.
- Demonstrative success with at least one large Salesforce.com implementation/integration project.
- Excellent knowledge of Salesforce.com architecture and data model.
- Hands-on experience in Web services and REST API development.
Who are we?
At EF Education First, we are travelers, innovators, thinkers and doers. We readily promote an open and collaborative workspace. Our people are our biggest asset, and together we have created a culture of cooperation, project ownership, and impact. As the world leader in international education, with more than 52,000 staff and teachers working in 52 countries around the globe, our mission is simple: Opening the world through education. Since we were founded over 50 years ago, EF has helped more than 15 million people see the world, learn a language, or earn an academic degree. Don't miss the unique opportunity to join our one-of-a-kind team!
EF is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All posts are subject to an enhanced DBS and character reference checks.