Bilingual Copywriter & Translator
EF Educational Tours
Who we are
We’re not your typical in-house creative team. We’re a bona fide agency made up of super-fun and ridiculously-talented writers and designers who work closely with a group of strategy-obsessed (and super-fun and ridiculously-talented) marketers. We call our team The Hive.
But our skills go way beyond our job descriptions. Among our crew are furniture makers, actual airplane flyers, macramé artistes, and a clarinetist who can bring the house down. One thing we all have in common though is our dedication to making great work for Educational Tours and having fun doing it. Best of all, with our extended creative team in Boston, we can make anything the business needs and create whatever we can dream up, all in house.
Want to know more? Read up on our creative philosophy: http://careers.ef.com/categories/creative/
Who you are
If you dig translating anything from banner ads to 160-page brochures, if you are equally fluent in creative English and casual French, if you have experience English writing copy that sells and persuades, if you know that good writing and good proofreading go hand in hand...then you're our kind of person.
We’re looking for someone who has been doing this for a little while, maybe even working at an agency or start-up, who will take great pleasure in making international and domestic educational travel irresistible. We don’t just want you to contribute to all the great things we are already working on. We want you to pipe in and say, “Hey, I have some ideas.”
We'll count on you to expertly translate short- and long-form copy from English to Canadian French for video, catalogs, travel itineraries, letters, emails, and more. But we also need you to have some killer English writing skills—and the drive and ability to create content for blog posts and actionable emails that make our customers want to stand up and answer our call to action.
We’re looking for a kickass French translator and copywriter who has:
- The heart and soul of a creative, who thrives on coming up with killer ideas and inspiring copy.
- The brain of a translator, with strategic thinking and problem solving skills.
- Full fluency in English and Canadian French, both written and spoken.
- A degree or certification in translation, or adequate experience.
- 2–3 years of professional writing and translating experience.
- Experience working with CAT tools.
- Impeccable grammar and spelling, a strong attention to detail, and a propensity for nerding out over a well-crafted style guide.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to juggle multiple projects for multiple teams with overlapping deadlines.
- A truly collaborative nature and an eagerness to learn.
- Experience working with Microsoft Office and Acrobat Pro, experience with InDesign is a plus.
- A willingness to “own” your work and your areas of specialty, self-manage your time efficiently, and follow projects through independently.
- An understanding of the French Canadian market (this one’s nice-to-have).
- An amazing online portfolio of your work (this one’s non-negotiable).
Why you’ll want to work here
Working in The Hive, you’ll be surrounded by incredibly talented, occasionally goofy, amazingly dedicated people who are as committed as you are to EF’s global mission: Opening the World Through Education. That’s a pretty rewarding way to spend your days.
Plus, we offer killer perks (this is an abbreviated list):
- Opportunity to travel internationally.
- Up to $1,500 a year for professional development/continued education.
- Fantastic training and professional development.
- Fun offsite outings.
- Three weeks paid vacation your first year, four weeks thereafter.
- Comprehensive health and dental benefits, as well as a company-matching RRSP plan.
- Charitable matching.
- EF product discounts (including Travel and Language Programs).
- And of course, the opportunity to work with an incredibly talented and super fun team.
A tiny bit about EF Education First
The company is still owned by the same family that founded it more than 50 years ago. Since then, EF has grown to 52,000 teachers and staff in more than 600 schools and offices in over 100 countries.
Sounds enormous, doesn’t it? The interesting thing is that we don’t operate like a conglomerate. We get the best of a small company’s values, atmosphere, and energy with the resources of a big one. And in The Hive, we get the autonomy to innovate coupled with the backing and support of a company that’s able to bring those innovations to life.