EF Tours (a division of EF Education First) is looking for a passionate, highly skilled, and exceptionally talented Motion Designer to join our Boston-based creative team.
This role is part motion designer, part animator, part graphic designer, and an expert in all things social media. This role will design and build our unique social presence through video editing, animation, typography, photography, and illustration. They’ll work collaboratively with the social media team to create thumb-stoppable and meaningful ads across platforms like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat and LinkedIn.
NOTE: Applications without online portfolios will not be considered.
The Ideal Candidate
- Has a deep understanding of (and appreciation for) the types of content that grab attention and create interest within social media spaces
- Has extensive experience creating engaging designs and visual content for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat
- Is a swiss army knife of design tools (Motion, animation, photoshop, typography, illustration, video editing, photography, 3D, 4D…the more the better)
- Loves collaboration, but is comfortable working independently.
- Is an agile problem solver within the ever-evolving landscape of social media.
- Is not afraid of failure. “Experiment, test, analyze and iterate” should be your motto.
- Loves to learn (and share) new things.
- Is positive and energetic.
- Is invigorated by a fast-paced environment.
- You’ll work closely with kick-butt writers, designers, photographers, videographers, marketing geniuses and business stakeholders to create stories that highlight our product through delightful and engaging visual design.
- Your focus will be to evolve the ways in which we communicate our products and engage with customers online.
- Scale our brand expression across disciplines and customer touchpoints.
- Propose and explore new ideas to keep our social media voice relevant and innovative
- Assist during live projects at events.
- Develop, maintain, and consistently innovate the design, templates, best practices, and visual content of our brand on social platforms.
- A strong portfolio of responsive work that demonstrates breadth, creativity, and innovation.
- Experience with After Effects, Final Cut Pro, and/or other motion editing software.
- Experience developing high-performance digital assets (Facebook, Instagram. Pinterest, etc...)
- 3+ years industry experience as a social media designer or related discipline. Ad Agency experience a plus.
- Demonstrate extremely strong visual sensibilities, ability to use visual thinking, storyboards, sketching, and communication design to create breakthrough product experiences.
- Have a deep understanding of fundamental visual design disciplines (typography, iconography, composition, color, composition, layout, etc.) and a strong command of industry best practices in interaction design, usability and accessibility.
- Experience collaborating with marketing and service team.
- Comfortable giving and receiving critical design feedback.
We believe that happy people do great work. What makes us happy? Things like:
- The opportunity to travel internationally with our customers (and without, too)
- Three weeks paid vacation your first year, and four weeks after your first year
- Free in-house language classes
- Free in-house workout classes
- A bar and restaurant inside our building
- Discounts on EF products, including our travel and language programs
- Market-leading benefits package including top of the line health coverage, 401k with company match, and more
A tiny bit about EF Education First:
The company is still owned by the same family that founded it more than 50 years ago. Since then, EF has grown to more than 46,000 teachers and staff in over 500 schools and offices in over 50 countries.
Sounds enormous, right? The interesting thing is that we don’t operate like a conglomerate. We get the best of a small company’s values, atmosphere, and energy with the resources of a big one. And in the creative and marketing department, we get the autonomy to innovate coupled with the backing and support of a company that’s able to bring those innovations to life. Talk about a great place to work—no wonder we’ve been right at the top (#1 and #2 to be exact) of the Boston Globe’s Top Places to Work list the last 2 years.