We are seeking an individual to join the Tours Safety and Incident Response Team in Zurich. This team is responsible for customer risk management, focusing on proactive operational safety measures and the planning and execution of crisis management measures.
As an Operational Safety and Incident Response Manager, you are responsible for the driving and oversight of regional operational safety initiatives and directly responsible for tours incident response.
Specific responsibilities may include:
- Manage the communications, systems and processes related to our 24/7 incident response setup.
- Manage on-tour incidents ranging from operational issues (e.g. hotel or bus issues) to medical incidents to acts of terror
- Have overall responsibility for Global Incident Response for incidents occurring during your local business hours
- Develop and execute training for relevant parties about their respective safety and emergency response responsibilities
- Collaborate with regional operations teams to implement controls which mitigate risk to operational components (e.g. hotels, activities, Tour Directors, etc.)
- Oversee the execution of controls in order to ensure compliance
- Liaise with teammates to ensure consistency of relevant policies, procedures and application of safety decisions
- Perpetuate a culture of safety throughout the organization
- Promote risk management standards, as aligned with the ISO 31000: 2018 Risk Management – Principles and Guidelines
- Innovate in partnership with the operations teams, sales and regional offices to drive process and procedural efficiencies
Interested candidates should possess the following qualifications and skills:
- Complete fluency in English, confident and clear communication. Additional languages are a plus.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Creative problem solver – ability to look beyond standard resolutions and create creative solutions to challenging and dynamic challenges
- Process-driven and enjoys creating structure
- Engaging trainer and communicator
- Excellent command of the English language and, ideally, other languages – Spanish is a plus!
- Enjoy working independently
- Unwavering positive attitude and empathy for others
- Good judgement – ability to recognize when an issue should be escalated
- Thrive on the unknown and enjoy working on emergency situations
- A strong willingness and desire to take charge during emergencies
- Calm under pressure
To be considered for this role, applicants must either be Swiss citizens, EU-nationals or have the legal right to live and work in Switzerland.
Please submit your CV & Cover Letter in English online. We will screen applications on a rolling basis.
We are 52.000 staff, faculty and teachers, working in over 600 offices and schools across 52 countries, and having a global presence in 116 countries. While we continue to grow, we strive to stay small to ensure agility, smart thinking and a fun place to work. For the past 54 years, EF has grown to include a range of programs that give students of all ages the freedom and confidence to explore the world through language, travel and education.
EF is an equal opportunities employer. EF offers competitive salaries and a multicultural working environment. If you are motivated by the prospect of an international career with a dynamic and forward-thinking company, we want to hear from you.
Working at EF
- You will have the opportunity to work within an innovative, engaging and multicultural environment
- Have the opportunity to build strong and lasting business relationships
- Have the opportunity in developing your career within EF and our new working location in Zurich
EF offers a wide range of benefits ready for our team members to enjoy during weekends, after work and with friends & family, including:
- Discounted passes to local destinations and tourist hot-spots such as mt. Titlis or Kunsthaus Zurich.
- Full reimbursement of the SBB ‘halb-tax’ travel card, covering country-wide public transportation.
- Free membership for our newly built gym or get involved with our variety of sports teams.
- Seasonal and monthly office events including holiday parties, ski trips and pay-day happy hours.
- Discounts on a wide range of local restaurants, shops, hotel stays and EF products.
- 15% off in-house child care service (more info. available).
Whilst working in our newly built state-of-the-art office in the heart of Zurich, you’ll constantly be able to enjoy all of the above deals and many more that EF have to offer.