EF Education First is looking for a creative and hands-on Video Director-Photographer to work full time in our inhouse video team in Stockholm. Your job is to create works that show the dream of studying languages abroad – a product that is not only a great experience, but can truly change our customers' lives.
Within our 8 person creative team, you will be the "Director-Photographer On the Go" – spending a big part of your time travelling between EF's schools to produce engaging video content, featuring our staff and students.
We need a person who can pitch concepts, personally shoot, and ideally also handle editing and post-production. Somebody who is eager and willing to travel to our offices and schools in 50 countries – sometimes with short notice. This is very much a travelling job. It's definitely a plus if you – apart from languages – enjoy sushi, cricket, rodeos and flamenco. Check out https://www.youtube.com/EF for some of our work.
Our ideal candidate
- Tells an engaging and emotional story in short format
- Can single-handedly produce videos from beginning to end: concept, script, shoot & post-production
- Has a showreel or online samples of work
- Wants to work on a multinational organization, based in Stockholm
- Has a passion for travel and new cultures, and is ready to travel
Technical Skills Required
- Canon Camera Equipment
- Sound and light
- Adobe Creative Cloud (Premiere Pro, After Effects, Photoshop)
DaVinci Resolve Lite
- Work permit to work in Sweden
- Higher education in video production or a neighboring field
- 1-3 years of work experience
- Great English language skills and strong communication skills
- Great sense of design and typography
- Keen interest in new media and new formats, including vertical video
How to apply
Please apply by August 19, 2019, and include
- Letter of motivation (or a web link to a personal video) where you tell us why you are interested in the job
- Resume summarizing your education and work experience
- Online link(s) to your showreel, or to specific videos that demonstrate your production skills
EF Education First is a global education company focusing on language, academic, cultural exchange, and educational travel programs.
We are 52,000 staff, faculty and teachers, working in over 612 offices and schools across 52 countries, and having a global presence in 116 countries. While we continue to grow, we strive to stay small so as to ensure agility, smart thinking and a fun place to work. For the past 53 years, EF has grown to include a range of programs that give students of all ages the freedom and confidence to explore the world through language, travel and education.
EF International Language Campuses is EF's division offering language courses abroad to students of all ages. Our video team is based in Stockholm, Zurich and Bangalore.
EF is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. References will be followed up and will ask specifically whether there is any reason that the applicant should not be engaged in situations where they have responsibility for, or substantial access to, persons under 18. Upon interview all gaps in CVs must be explained satisfactorily and proof of identity and, where applicable, qualifications will be required. Appropriate suitability checks and Garda Vetting will be conducted prior to confirmation of appointment.