We have multiple locations available across the UK and Ireland - a wide range of our locations are residential so accommodation and meals are provided. Applications from abroad are welcome.
Who You Are
Do you have a passion for teaching and learning?
Do you love leading, working with and coaching young people?
Do you want to work amongst international groups of energetic young learners?
Are you passionate about cultural exchange and international education?
If so, this role could be the one for you.
As a Teaching Leader you get the best of both worlds – working with international students both in and out of the classroom. With the support of a professional academic team and tried and trusted materials, you will deliver the EF academic programme to classroom groups of up to 17 language students. Outside of the classroom, you will work with international staff to lead activities, field trips and social events for groups of 20-40 international students. This is a high-energy, non-stop kind of summer job that is as rewarding and fun as it is challenging.
- Teach classes following the EF methodology.
- Lesson planning and preparation before each class.
- Interactive, communicative classroom management of groups of up to 17 students.
- Facilitate and mark final test.
- Daily liaison with colleagues to discuss progress & ongoing lessons.
- Attending and running all the activities for your group.
- Assist with student arrivals and departures.
- Monitor daily attendance and keeping up to date records and paperwork.
- Attend all teacher and leader briefings.
- Deal with problems and emergency situations should they arise.
- Ensure the EF behavior code is followed by students at all times and inform management immediately if there are any issues or problems.
- Ensure the safety and well-being of students at all times.
- A knowledge of communicative language teaching techniques for young learners
- Have the ability to create a positive learning environment.
- Enthusiastic, organised and a natural leader.
- Highly responsible, approachable and friendly.
- Have the right to live and work in the country of employment.
- Complete fluency in English.
- To complete online and face to face training day before your contract begins.
- One of the following MINIMUM qualifications A State Teacher Credential (PGCE, B.Ed, MA) plus training in EFL/EAL.
- Online TEFL (minimum 60h) with teaching or related experience.
- Online CELTA (minimum 100h)
- Face-to-face TEFL, CELTA, DELTA.
Please be aware that EF is offering a sponsored 120h Foundation TEFL course with the guarantee of a minimum 3 weeks’ contract during the summer.
Please submit your CV and teacher certification. (If you are still in the process of acquiring your certification, please notify us in a cover letter).
Please only apply to one EF International Language Centers - Summer Camps job, based on your preferred role and location/accommodation type.
We are 46,500 staff, faculty and teachers, working in 500 offices and schools across 51 countries. While we continue to grow, we strive to stay small so as to ensure agility, smart thinking and a fun place to work. For the past 50 years, EF has grown to include a range of programs that give students of all ages the freedom and confidence to explore the world through language, travel and education.
Located across the globe, our language centers for youth, adults and professionals combine the best of traditional, in-school teaching with innovative language-learning technology. We offer intensive language instruction abroad in English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Japanese and Chinese. Courses run from 2 to 52 weeks for students traveling independently or in escorted groups of all levels and abilities. Classes take place in our international language centers in one of 16 countries and offer the very best locations and accommodation whether in local host family or in a student residence.
EF is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. References will be followed up and will ask specifically whether there is any reason that the applicant should not be engaged in situations where they have responsibility for, or substantial access to, persons under 18. Upon interview all gaps in CVs must be explained satisfactorily and proof of identity and, where applicable, qualifications will be required. Appropriate suitability checks will be required prior to confirmation of appointment.