The Associate Dean is a critical position in managing the academic experience of undergraduate students. This role, however, is principally faculty-facing and focuses on liaising with faculty to ensure a quality design and delivery of the curriculum. The Associate Dean works reports into the Campus Dean and works with the whole Academic Team assisting in:
- Implementing academic quality assurance processes as defined by the global team and enforcing global academic policies in the campus
- Overseeing the effective day-to-day operation and administration of all aspects of the program
- Working with faculty to ensure the quality of the teaching and learning environment of the Program
- Assisting the Dean in strategic planning for the Program.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintains an overview of the student experience and the faculty experience.
- Strong ability to navigate the Learning Management Systems (LMS) and other systems, coaching faculty on the platform when necessary and using it to check consistency across approximately 100 courses running simultaneously and up to 300+ assessments every semester.
- Advises students on academic performance, course work and study strategies
- Implements and administers policies relating to academic quality assurance, and oversees compliance; assists the Dean in preparing academic documentation for periodic accreditation reviews.
- Assists the Dean in developing and planning the execution of the curriculum including course planning and scheduling.
- Assists the Dean with faculty hiring and provides orientation and ‘onboarding’ for new faculty, covering everything from the LMS to grading and attendance policies, from compliance and other HR issues to ensuring faculty work collegially within and across disciplines.
- Oversees ongoing professional development of faculty, including managing informal PD sessions and resources, faculty meetings, faculty summits and administers faculty annual performance reviews
- Coordinates and supports faculty activities, including student advising, new course proposals and the faculty maintenance of academic records
- Collects and reviews 100+ course syllabi per semester to assure assure cross-campus consistency and compliance with NEASC, QAA, and AACSB accreditations
- Works with the Academic Teams in Boston and San Francisco to ensure consistency across campuses.
- Reviews and approves final grades each semester, and oversees faculty/course evaluations
- Serves as a member of the campus management team, representing faculty issues and concerns
- Serves as a member of faculty-related committees, potentially chairing at least one of the committees (such as the Academic Integrity Committee).
- Ability to teach up to two courses (6 credits) per year either in the General Education or Business areas.
Work Experience and skills
- Experience in academic governance.
- An almost obsessive attention to detail
- Senior level experience with students and faculty is essential
- Academic operations experience with a private academic institution would be an advantage, as well as with the US and UK HE sectors.
- Extensive proven track record of successful academic achievements
- Crucially a track record of leadership, organizational, and managerial skills, acknowledgeable by students and faculty alike.
- Proven and evidenced track record of performing at speed whilst retaining a focus on high quality.
- Creativity, flexibility, and a willingness to test new ideas
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral, in day-to-day dealings with faculty, staff, and students
- An ability to communicate across cultures
- Excellent skills in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and use of databases such as SalesForce and Canvas
- Successful track record in working for a business school or university with a strong distributed network of campuses.
- Independent leader, who can drive best practice.
- Able to maintain composure in a fast-paced environment.
- Diplomatic tendencies combining tact and firmness to manage faculty from a range of cultural, academic, and professional backgrounds
- A high energy and enthusiastic individual who thrives under pressure
- Exceptionally well organized.
- Passion for high standards of customer service.
- Proactive, results-oriented with a positive approach.
- A natural strategist and forward planner.
Please note that you must have the right to work in the UK to be considered for this position.
Hult is the global community creating the future of business. Founded by Bertil Hult, a pioneering voice in education, Hult International Business School is a new kind of business school that strives to deliver the most relevant education for today's ever-evolving, fast-paced world.
Students can choose from a range of practical, business-focused programs including the Global One-Year MBA, Global Executive MBA, Masters, and Bachelor degrees, as well as our extensive Executive Education programs. With six campus locations in the influential cities of Boston, San Francisco, London, Dubai, Shanghai, and New York, and a student body of unparalleled diversity representing more than 140 nationalities, our students live a global education, not just learn about it.
Hult is proud to be recognized and ranked among the best business schools in the world. We are the first U.S. business school to have achieved triple accreditation, meaning we are accredited by the world’s three most prestigious accrediting bodies: AACSB, EQUIS, and AMBA. This accreditation stands as a testament to the quality of our forward-thinking, global approach to education and the ongoing success of our graduates across the world.