WHO WE ARE – A SNEAK PEEK INTO OUR HISTORY
A young Swedish man named Bertil Hult started a small company called Europeiska Ferieskolan (European Holiday School – EF for short) in the year 1965, which subsequently changed to Education First, having a direct reflection to the Organization’s evolution into a Global Education Company.
Our reach today has had a massive increase where we now have successful operations in 51 countries with more than 46,500 employees, which are not limited to the Technical Teams, Office and School Staff including Part Time Teachers. We exhibit pride in being the World Leader in International Education and we have constantly paving new roads for learning by utilizing the mix of Technology, Education and Design.
Keeping that in mind, we initiated of operations in the year 2008 in Bangalore with a view to grow our Technical Stack and keeping our primary focus to building Innovative and ground-breaking solutions which would enhance our Growth and Business.
YOUR CHALLENGE – A VIEW OF WHAT WE EXPECT YOU TO VISUALIZE
EF aims and provides life-changing education for global citizens. To accomplish this goal, EF is revolutionizing the way we look at our systems and technologies and innovative strategies. We invite you – “The Passionate and Innovative Developer” to help us Create the best in class software using latest backend and frontend frameworks and other related ecosystems. We are looking forward to seeing you challenge us with your innovative ideas and we are with you and ready to not only embrace and experiment with your vision but also to build products together to change the lives of millions of students and staffs around the world.
YOUR TEAM – WHO ARE YOUR CO-INNOVATORS
An amazing and energetic bunch of Talented Developers in Bangalore -
- Who have experience in windows and web application development and also are skilled in the utilization of various emergent technologies.
- Who work day in and out with Super Supportive Business Users and Product Owners located in Zurich, Switzerland.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES – YES! THIS IS WHAT YOU SHALL BRING TO THE TABLE
Along with your extra-ordinary Innovative Talent, you shall be Responsible to:
- Design, Develop, Test and Implement solutions, which are not limited to Enhancements, Writing Unit Test Cases, Redesigning/Improving the existing Implementation, set.
- Work on NodeJs and NOSQL databases.
- Collaborate with Development Team Members to ensure timely delivery of work to business stakeholders.
- Help us to provide improvements in the web technologies by doing continuous research of new libraries available in the ecosystem.
MINDSETS AND INTERPERSONAL SKILL SETS - THE MOST IMPORTANT PART WE WANT TO SEE IN YOU
- You will be part of a Global Distributed team and we expect you to bring in A Global Mindset.
- You have excellent communication skills – Not just spoken but also written.
- You are a Team Player – who is part of a successful cross-functional team having a composition of Developers, QAs, BAs and Admins.
- Most importantly, you are sensitive to cultural differences in globally spread teams.
- Have Strong attention to detail and excellent problem-solving skills.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR – THIS IS WHAT YOU ARE
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent experience
- Be an Energetic and Innovative Engineer who has an inclining passion towards Technology.
- Confident in designing application from scratch and making architectural decisions
- Excellent understanding of Unit Testing
- A solid understanding of web standards and best practices
- An excellent understanding of database modeling and SQL
- Working knowledge of Git source control and git-flow methodology.
- Working knowledge of Continuous Integration/Deployment tools (DevOps).
- Passionate towards browser rendering optimization, website performance, responsive web design and browser compatibility.
- Experience working with any CMS would be an added advantage.
- Experience doing basic administration of Linux/Windows systems would be an added advantage
- Extensive experience working with IIS, configuration of web servers, load balancers and web services, on both Windows and Linux systems.
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Excellent understanding of Object Oriented modelling, SOLID principles and Clean code practices