Who we are and what we do
Insights and Analytics @ EF Tours is the group of business intelligence and data science professionals helping the business to become a data-driven organization. We provide insights for the business from understanding drivers of a beautiful customer experience, predicting scenarios for business strategies and automation all the way down to cost optimization and ROI analysis. We operate from the EF global headquarters in Zurich, Switzerland.
What you’ll do
You’ll be doing exploratory and statistical analysis and developing ML and AI solutions for our Tours Operations group. Examples of solutions include finding drivers of what customers really enjoy about our offering and how we improve it, automated cost and quality forecasting and much more. You’ll be working closely with our product teams and other engineering leaders and members to help us incorporate these solutions and showcase the new insights.
In other words, you will:
- Leverage your knowledge of statistics, programming, and computer science to transform the way our students travel
- Develop ML/AI projects from beginning to end, including understanding the business need, aggregating data, exploring data, building and validating predictive models, and deploying finalized models delivering business impact to the organization
- Use statistical models to qualify insights and help the business leaders making informative and confident decisions
- Build relationships with key partners and routinely present proposals and results
- Implement state of the art ML/AI approaches
- Gather and share expertise, best practices and insights internally
- Partner with cross-functional global teams across engineering, sales and operations to implement data models across the business
Who you are
You are passionate, intellectual and thrive in a collaborative environment. Someone who gets excited about working deeply with data and new approaches to enhancing the quality and value of the customer experiences we deliver will fit in best with our team.
We’re looking for:
- MS in the field of Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, or other technical discipline (PhD is a plus)
- 6+ years professional experience using, understanding and applying algorithms for classification, regression, clustering and deep learning
- Proficiency in statistical programming languages (e.g. Python or R) and deploying production-level, scalable solutions
- Proficiency in querying relational databases (e.g. SQL) and working with unstructured data
- Ability to implement data science pipelines and applications in general programming languages such as Python; automation experience with configuration management and infrastructure tools preferred
- Ability to quickly prototype ideas/solutions and perform critical analysis using creative approaches for solving complex problems
- Ability to communicate effectively the stories and conclusions from the analysis and solutions built
- Passion for leveraging the best of breed technology and eagerness to learn new skills
- A proven team player
- A desire to grow outside your technical comfort zone, give and receive constructive criticism
Other useful skills include:
- Experience with Agile/Scrum/Kanban methodologies
- Proficiency in algorithms for time series forecasts is a plus
- Experience in NLP is a plus
- Enthusiasm to work anywhere in the stack, especially in unfamiliar areas
- Experience working with AWS for developing and deploying models (e.g. Sagemaker)
Why work at EF
- We are international. With a global network of offices and schools, EF is able to offer an international career in any part of the world.
- We are entrepreneurial. EF has grown into the largest international education company by hiring people who are street smart and “can get things done”. Our entrepreneurial spirit is at the core of what makes working at EF a ton of fun.
- We embrace change. Be prepared to join a flexible organization where no day is the same. We believe change is key to business success, personal development, and career progression.
EF is the world leader in international education. Our mission is to open the world through education and so far we have helped over 15 million people learn a language, discover the world or earn an academic degree.
We have fifteen subsidiaries and non-profit organizations, schools and offices in over 50 countries and employ over 43,000 staff and teachers. In today’s increasingly complex and interdependent world our mission is more relevant than ever.
EF is an equal opportunities employer. EF offers competitive salaries and a multicultural working environment. If you are motivated by the prospect of an international career with a dynamic and forward-thinking company, we want to hear from you.