At EF Education First, we are travelers, innovators, thinkers and doers. We readily promote an open and collaborative workspace. Our people are our biggest asset, and together we have created a culture of cooperation, project ownership, and impact. As the world leader in international education, with more than 52,000 staff and teachers working in 52 countries around the globe, our mission is simple: Opening the world through education. Since we were founded over 50 years ago, EF has helped more than 15 million people see the world, learn a language, or earn an academic degree.
EF EdTech is a diverse collective of industry leaders – from academia, design, hardware, product, research, content and engineering. Together, we work at the forefront of technology to reimagine education and solve some of the most challenging problems that exist today. From playful smart speakers that immerse our students in English to innovative machine-learning algorithms that power our AI language coaches. We are on a mission to personalise learning, build global connections and ignite a passion for language and culture.
Longing to create products that truly transform people’s lives?
In the heart of Luzern EF Kids and Teens EdTech Academic Design and Content team provides young children and teenagers with a faster way to learn English through our advanced learning systems. We not only teach students how to communicate in English, but we also give them the confidence and skills they need for a successful life.
As part of the academic content design of our language learning courses, we create workbooks for the students. The content of these books is defined by the academic development team it is then handed over to designers to bring them to life through design, layout, illustrations and teamwork. Did you start your career as Illustrator and have a portfolio of successful illustrations and design projects specifically targeted at kids and teens? Are you particularly interested and experienced in working with offset printing and digital design? Apply for this new and exciting position as Intern - Junior Illustrator based in Luzern at EF Kids and Teens EdTech Academic Design and Content team.
Work with a professional design and content team to produce kids and teens educational material.
The candidate should have experience or know about illustration production for books. Flexible to adapt to EF owned illustration style and layout.
We will provide with layout and illustration style guidelines.
Daily contact with Creative director and open to project discussions as there will be changes on alignments and deliveries every week or two weeks, depending on the project.
Additional Skills & Experiences:
- Relevant degree(s) and training.
- Portfolio of successful projects with some projects aimed towards kids and teens.
- Excellent sense of typography, colour and composition is a big plus.
- Should be able to provide creative yet simple and elegant solutions to complicated design.
- Experienced user of Adobe Illustrator (vector files illustration) and experience with Photoshop and InDesign would be a big plus.
- Excellent freehand sketching skills; strong creative ability in character and object design.
- Enjoy working in an office environment and team.
- Good command of the English language.
- A creative mind, with attention to detail that wants to further their career in creative production.
- Enthusiastic and positive approach to resolving challenges.
- The ability to work independently (but never in isolation).