Social Media EF360 Trainee
EF Education First
We are looking for an exceptional creative storyteller to help EF Education First use the power of social media to tell our brand story. This is a role for someone who wants to make big things happen—indeed, your drive will be the most important key to your success. This isn’t a role where we’re just going to tell you what to do. This is a role where you are going to help tell us what to do to best connect with our customers and tell our story to the world.
The Social Media EF360 Trainee role is unique in that it will not only impact how we tell the story of EF, it could also change the story of your career. That’s because as the Social Media Trainee, you will join EF’s highly selective EF360 Global Management Trainee Program. What does 360 mean? To us, that means fully versed in EF’s entrepreneurial operating style and thoroughly exposed to our worldwide business. You will have exposure to leading executives around the world of EF, as well as join a cohort of other EF360 trainees that you will work and travel the world alongside throughout a demanding and inspiring year.
You will be embedded in a small, highly-empowered central team that manages the EF Education First brand, storytelling, and corporate communications. Your mentor and manager will be the Executive Vice President of Brand. Your team will help you celebrate successes and support your initiatives to help you grow your ideas. This is not the kind of opportunity that comes along every day, so if this description ignites excitement in you, we want to hear from you.
- Make your mark on EF by developing and implementing a social media project that transforms EF’s global social media presence within one year – you will help define what this project is
- Produce and post compelling daily content to tell the EF brand story using copy, graphics, photography, and video on Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, Giphy, Twitter, etc.
- Work collaboratively with designers, copywriters, marketers, photographers, videographers, brand ambassadors and influencers to create compelling brand content
- Manage our international social media community by interacting and engaging with EF Education First ambassadors and customers in real time via social media as they travel the world
- Work with products across EF to ensure that we are maximizing content opportunities across the business, promoting EF products to customers across their lifecycle with EF, and adhering to global brand management best practices
- Assist in reporting, analyzing, and tracking of social metrics
- Understand and get exposure to how social media and content interacts with the full EF universe, including Sales, Marketing, Customer Service, Operations, Finance, and Technology, getting a full 360 view of how our entrepreneurial company works
- Recent graduate (1-3 years post Bachelor degree)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with strong editing skills and attention to detail
- Great eye –you have a strong and well-developed aesthetic sense and you care about how things look and feel in addition to how they sound
- Experience managing the social media presence of a company, brand, or group
- Exceptionally creative—you find great pride in making and executing your ideas
- Avid user of social media with the accounts to prove it – you don’t need to have the most followers, but you do have to have interesting things to say and a great way of saying them
- Love of telling stories and a background and interests that reflects that – whether writing, design, photography, video, theatre, dance, singing, graphic novels, illustration, spoken word, podcasting, etc.
- A great communicator – you enjoy meeting and connecting with people
- Positive and optimistic – to you, the glass is always half full
- You are curious about people and the world, and have a strong belief that the world is better when people are exposed to new ideas, new cultures, and new places
Please note: You must include links to your social profiles, website, and/or writing samples to be considered for this position. Applications without these links will not be considered.
Who We Are
At EF Education First, we are travelers, innovators, thinkers and doers. We readily promote an open and collaborative workspace with not a single cubicle in sight! Our people are our biggest asset, and together we have created a culture of cooperation, project ownership, and impact. As the world leader in international education, with more than 52,000 staff and teachers working in 53 countries around the globe, our mission is simple: opening the world through education. Since we were founded 50 years ago, EF has helped more than 15 million people see the world, learn a language, or earn an academic degree. Don’t miss the unique opportunity to join our one-of-a-kind team!