Educational Homestay Programs
EF, Education First is the world leader in international education. Founded in 1965, EF’s mission is to open the world through education.
We are looking for part-time program coordinators to serve as local program leaders in their community for our summer 2019 programs. This dual role involves finding volunteer host families for and coordinating 3-4 week activity programs for international students ages 14-17. This is the perfect role for community-minded individuals with a passion for culture, international exchange, grass roots marketing and a positive-can-do attitude.
Host Family Recruiter – (Now – June)
This is a part-time and flexible portion of the position
- Work with the other local staff to educate local communities about EF, encouraging host family participation and community involvement in the upcoming summer 2019 program.
- Find all qualified volunteer host families. The process includes a host family application, host family home visit and student matching.
- Attend weekend-day seminar to learn about recruiting techniques and best practices.
- This challenging role involves networking, community outreach, generating new leads as well as following up on past leads.
- Commission based pay, bonus opportunity, travel award for bonus qualifiers
Program Leader– July 5 - July 30
For the duration of your program this position is full time, Monday-Friday from 8-6.
- Lead your group on excursions and execute your program calendar, with expenses paid by EF. The first half of the day, students are attending ESL classes at the Course Center in the Sacramento/Roseville area, and the second half of the day students are on activities throughout Sacramento area.
- Attend and lead required events such as host family orientation, airport arrival (and possible stay in airport hotel), Welcome party and Farewell party.
- Provide program support to students and host families ensuring customer satisfaction and safety are top priority. This involves being available after hours in the event of an emergency or need.
- Hourly Program Leader salary.
The Ideal Candidate
- Actively engaged within your local community
- Passion for meeting new people and representing the EF brand
- Outgoing with strong communication skills
- Highly motivated self-starter with strong sales skills
- Strong sense of teamwork as you will collaborate with EF teachers, other program staff and foreign course leaders throughout the program
- Patient, supportive and enjoys working with youth in an international environment
About EF Education First We’re 43,500 small. We’re teachers and students, creatives and analysts, visionaries and doers. We are 120 nationalities—and counting. Together, we open the world through education, breaking down barriers of language, culture and geography all over the world. Over the past 50 years, our mission has grown to include a diverse range of programs that give millions of students of all ages the freedom and confidence to explore the world through language, travel and academic opportunities.
Follow us on LinkedIn or check out http://careers.ef.com to learn more about our amazing team, products, and customers.