Data Warehouse Developer
EF High School Exchange Year
We are seeking a talented data warehouse developer to play a crucial role in implementing and maintaining a data warehouse to support our sales initiatives. You will utilize your knowledge of SQL, data warehousing, data integration, and analysis skills to create and maintain customer data store that will be server as a foundation for business decisions.
As a member of our Analytics and Reporting team in Cambridge MA, you will work closely with your teammates as well as colleagues in the Zurich to assess business requirements and existing data solutions, design a new data warehouse and implement the design.
This is an exciting opportunity to be a core member of Analytics team working on building a brand-new customer data store, enabling us to leverage data in ways we never have before.
Who We Are
- Travelers, innovators, thinkers and doers
- Help match thousands of high school students around the world with host parents
- Global - we have offices and schools in over 50 countries
- Dedicated - we really do believe in “work hard - play hard”
- Multicultural – we work with colleagues from over 16 countries
Who You are
- Inquisitive- You love to figure things out, where others may have failed – you find a solution.
- Kaizen- You love to learn and have a hunger to constantly improve yourself.
- Positive- You’re an eternal optimist, and you never give up.
- Team Player- You understand the importance of collaboration and open communication
- Multi-Tasker- You know how to juggle responsibilities and are willing to take on any role that may require attention.
What you will do in this role
- Utilize data warehousing, data modeling, and SQL skills to create a new customer data repository and data mart for sales organization.
- Utilize data integration tools and techniques to unify CRM, and customer service data in the new data repository.
- Use data management best practices to make actionable information available to sales and marketing.
- Conduct analysis on customer data to guide marketing strategy and campaign planning?
- 3+ years of proven tech and business/industry work experience in a full lifecycle data warehouse development role
- Experience creating back-end data models for new data warehouse/data mart/business intelligence projects.
- Ability to create and manage database objects including tables, indexes, stored procedures, etc.
- Experience with data integration design and data warehouse design, including dimensional modeling and star schema concepts
- High proficiency in SQL to create views, stored procedures, and queries to unify data as well as conduct analysis.
- Experience in using ETL tools but not limited to SSIS.
- Knowledge of Azure’s suite of database tools is preferred
- Ability to analyze source data of different types and design methods for data integration, cleansing and transformations
- Some experience building reports/dashboards in PowerBI is a plus.
- Entrepreneurial mindset as well ability to work independently and in a team is essential.
- Solid business acumen to understand marketing and sales objectives and how a well-integrated and personalized customer journey can help drive business growth.
- Self-directed with positive attitude
- Self-starter, with ability to learn new skills and technology quickly
- Ability to prioritize multiple deliverables and respond in a fast-paced environment
- Must possess strong written, verbal, problem solving, and communication skills
Let’s talk about the Perks.
We believe that happy people do great work. What makes us happy? Things like:
- The opportunity to travel internationally.
- Three weeks paid vacation your first year and four weeks after your first year.
- Free language classes, taught in-house.
- Free workout classes, taught in-house.
- A restaurant and bar right in the building.
- Discounts on travel.
- Market-leading benefits package including top of the line health coverage, 401k with company match, tuition reimbursement, and more.
- EF High School Exchange Year is associated with EF Education First, the world leader in international education.
About EF Education First
We’re 43,500 small. We’re teachers and students, creatives and analysts, visionaries and doers. We are 120 nationalities—and counting. Together, we open the world through education, breaking down barriers of language, culture and geography all over the world. Over the past 50 years, our mission has grown to include a diverse range of programs that give millions of students of all ages the freedom and confidence to explore the world through language, travel and academic opportunities. Follow us on LinkedIn or check out http://careers.ef.com to learn more about our amazing team, products, and customers.