EF Education First and EdTech
EF is the world’s largest privately-held education company, with 16 divisions that offer a range of programs including language training, educational travel, academic degrees, and cultural exchange. In China, EF has grown from a start-up to an enterprise with over 20,000 employees and 300 centers in the last 20 years, and we have become one of the most recognized brands among Chinese consumers.
EF’s EdTech team is focused on the language learning business. We create the fastest and best way to learn English for kids (ages 3-18 years old) and adults. We build the apps, services, web sites, and academic content used by our teachers and our students in self-study, physical learning centres, and in online in private and group lessons.
Come join our mission to open the world through education!
We seek an Audio Producer to join our team in Shanghai. Through strong organizational skills and cross-team communication, you will own the audio/music design and implementation for each of our projects, which are focused primarily on the Chinese marketplace. Whether that is producing/recording sound content and voice dialogue in-house or partnering with external audio/music talent, you are a jack-of-all-trades audio/music producer who brings our learning experiences to life with engaging audio and music.
Examples of Your Responsibilities
- Understand audio workflow, tools, and build systems across the studio
- Produce and deliver audio/music assets to meet project quality, budget, and deadlines
- Develop age-specific sound designs for each band of our customers (3-6 year olds, elementary school, middle school, high school, and adults)
- Record voice dialogue with amateur or professional voice actors
- Mix/master audio for videos deployed across various platforms
- Facilitate collaborative and effective communication between team members
- Keep the team aware of deliverables and goals through all phases of development
- 2-3+ years of experience with app or game sound production
- Strong to native-level English skills
- A high level of competence with professional audio recording, including equipment/software/processes and the organizational skills to record/edit/deliver vast amounts of audio for our family of learning apps
- A good ear for recording and editing dialogue and voice work
- The capability of balancing a project’s production requirements within budget and staff limitations while ensuring high production values are never compromised
- Preferred, but not required: Experience with music creation/production skills