Ready to take on real responsibilities, challenging workloads and be part of the team?
Reporting directly to the Accommodation Manager and Activities Manager, the selected person will be the responsible to promote the welfare, supervision, well-being and satisfaction of International Students aged 16-25 living in the EF residence during their stay studying with EF Barcelona.
The residence Advisor will work with us for approximately 6 months.
This is a great combination of two roles in the school!
- Responsible of check in & out arrivals and departures the EF residence during weekends. Welcoming new students and making them feel right at home
- Assess the physical condition of rooms and the entire building before and after occupancy. An eye for quality and attention to detail is indispensable.
- Be available and on call to deal with any emergencies whilst on duty, including attending/supervising hospital visits outside working hours.
- Implement and deliver exciting Activity Programme to our students
- Act as a tour guide on trips
- Have a strong interest in providing excellent customer service
- Maintain a great relationship with staff and students in the school
- Work as a team-player to best respond to the students' and teams' needs
- Consistently demonstrate a positive attitude in approaching challenging situations.
- Be eager to take the lead, and use all the tools at your disposal to ensure we are delivering a great product at all times.
- Excellent communication skills in Spanish and English
- Third language is a strong plus.
- Excellent people skills, warm and friendly professional attitude
- Ability to handle difficult situations with ease & remain calm & positive under pressure
- Flexible attitude to work hours and creative problem solver- the job is fun and rewarding but intense
- A self-starter who is able and willing to take initiative and ownership of the roles, working with minimal supervision
- This is an on call- live-in position as 24/7 supervision is needed with evening and weekend duties on a shift pattern
- Creative with an entrepreneurial mind-set
- Ability to prioritize, meet deadlines and perform under pressure
EF Education First is a global education company focusing on language, academic, cultural exchange, and educational travel programs. We are 46,500 staff, faculty and teachers, working in over 580 offices and schools across 52 countries, and having a global presence in 116 countries. While we continue to grow, we strive to stay small so as to ensure agility, smart thinking and a fun place to work. For the past 53 years, EF has grown to include a range of programs that give students of all ages the freedom and confidence to explore the world through language, travel and education.
EF is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. References will be followed up and will ask specifically whether there is any reason that the applicant should not be engaged in situations where they have responsibility for, or substantial access to, persons under 18. Upon interview all gaps in CVs must be explained satisfactorily and proof of identity and, where applicable, qualifications will be required. Appropriate suitability checks will be required prior to confirmation of appointment.