Copywriter/Blog Manager (trainee)
EF Academy is looking for a highly motivated, talented Copywriter/Blog Manager Trainee to join our in-house central marketing team in Zurich. If you are a creative wordsmith with a flair for writing content that connects with varied global audiences, we would like to meet you!
Each day you will be responsible for producing powerful, on-brand copy ranging from SEO-friendly blog articles, attention grabbing ads, story-centered video scripts, dynamic print publications and engaging emails. You will also manage the EF Academy blog and provide guidance and support for 10 local blogs in our global markets.
Here is our ideal professional profile:
- You write in a clear, concise, original and impactful way
- You are pro-active and open-minded with a results-oriented approach to work and a can-do attitude
- You are confident in creating and pitching ideas to a team, executing them from start to finish
- You continually raise the bar on creativity, writing fresh copy that connects with a wide variety of audience and drives action
- You are comfortable varying tone to meet audience and channel needs while keeping consistent to brand style guidelines.
- You thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment with a high-volume workload often requiring short turnaround times
- Create clear and persuasive copy for a range of channels, both print and digital
- Write highly engaging content that reflects our brand’s voice
- Produce error-free content that adheres to EF Academy’s style guidelines
- Collaborate with a team of marketing and creative staff, taking projects from concept development to delivery
- Interpret creative direction and adapt points from creative briefs into persuasive copy concepts
- Revise copy based on internal and client feedback/direction
- Manage, write for, monitor and report on the EF Academy blog
- Audit, refine and seek out new opportunities to feature EF Academy in external portals
- Native English speaker, additional languages a plus
- At least 2-3 years of experience as a copywriter or blog manager
- Passion for creating content across multiple online and offline channels
- Ability to identify and track relevant blog metrics
- Knowledge of latest developments in SEO
- High attention to detail and ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines
- Editorial experience as a writer, editor or proofreader
- Experience working with Word, Excel, Adobe Acrobat and content management systems (WordPress)
- Ability to work independently and with a team to meet deadlines
- University degree
- Eligibility to work in Switzerland
In your application please include: your CV, a cover letter and writing samples, including minimum 3-4 links to pieces you have written. We will screen applications on a rolling basis and successful candidates will be invited for interviews.
Please note that this is a traineeship for 6 months. Successful trainees may be offered full time roles after the traineeship.
About EF Academy
EF Academy is part of EF Education First, the world leader in international education. We are a multinational group employing 46,500 staff and teachers with 580 schools and offices in over 116 countries. EF’s mission has always been to open the world through education and EF Academy takes this mission one step further by preparing high school students for success at a university, and beyond. You can learn more on www.ef.com/academy