Please NOTE that this job ad is only for New Course Leaders wishing to apply and interview in the Rome area. If you are a returning course leader or wish to interview in Milan please apply through this link:
Please only apply to one job ad for Course Leader.
As an EF Course Leader you will travel abroad with your own group of students during the Easter or summer holidays 2019. Language Travel trips last from two to four weeks depending on the course and the destination. You will have to be available for the students whenever they need you. Together you will do lots of different activities, dance at discos, play football or just hang out at the beach. You will work in an international environment where you will meet people from all over the world. The students are between 10-17 years old and they study English, Spanish, or French. Even though there are lots of fun activities and excursions planned for the students, YOU can make a great impact on the students’ experience by being a great leader!
- Travel together with the students from Rome to the destination and back.
- Cooperate with your local leader. Do research about different activities and plan your stay and the activity chart together with local staff.
- Be available for your students 24/7. There may be situations where you have to make quick decisions as a leader.
- Make sure no one is feeling left out. Group dynamics is a big part of being a Course Leader. You have to be able to sense if something is wrong or if there is a student in need of your help.
- Make sure the students are following the EF rules, which they have all read and signed. Participate in different group meetings with other staff at the destination.
- Work late hours, for example at the discos.
Who are we looking for?
The ideal leader is
- Fluent in Italian and the language spoken in the course’s destination country (English, Spanish, French).
- Ideally a teacher or someone with pedagogical experience from working with minors
- Responsible and great with minors
- Well organized
- Social, outgoing and confident
- Accessible & approachable
- Fun & enthusiastic
- Takes own initiatives
- Dedicated to take on any task or assignment
- Is able to make good decisions in stressful situations
Previous experience which further qualifies you to work as a course leader
- Previously worked as a teacher
- You have stayed abroad for a longer period of time
- Previous work as a confirmation leader
- Previous work as a leader for minors in other areas
EF Education First is a global education company focusing on language, academic, cultural exchange, and educational travel programs. We are 46,500 staff, faculty and teachers, working in over 580 offices and schools across 52 countries, and having a global presence in 116 countries. While we continue to grow, we strive to stay small so as to ensure agility, smart thinking and a fun place to work. For the past 53 years, EF has grown to include a range of programs that give students of all ages the freedom and confidence to explore the world through language, travel and education.
EF is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. References will be followed up and will ask specifically whether there is any reason that the applicant should not be engaged in situations where they have responsibility for, or substantial access to, persons under 18. Upon interview all gaps in CVs must be explained satisfactorily and proof of identity and, where applicable, qualifications will be required. Appropriate suitability checks will be required prior to confirmation of appointment.