Senior DevOps Engineer
Tours IT Department
Who are we and what do we do?
The Tours IT department provides end-user and infrastructure support for 10 EF offices, and multiple cloud datacenters worldwide, across all our Tours businesses. In this role you will join our effort in providing the best possible solutions for each office and team we support. Our mission is to ensure that our technology works to advance not only the office locations we manage but enrich the development of the application teams we support locally in our Cambridge hub.
As the Senior DevOps Engineer, you will play a key role on the team getting involved at multiple levels including; recognizing toil and working to automate or eliminate wherever possible, teaming with others to strategize around the tools we (should) use and approach taken and helping to troubleshoot when critical issues arise.
What specifically will you be doing?
This position will be a key member of our IT Operations teams that is responsible for the operational activities and software deployment orchestration related to the internal infrastructure of our rapidly expanding business.
- Working closely with Development teams to implement and automate systems and architectures.
- Develop and Maintain scalable architecture solutions using Cloud Providers such as AWS
- Drive Automation efforts across the organization utilizing Infrastructure as Code (IaC), Configuration Management, and Continuous Integration (CI) / Continuous Delivery (CD) tools such as Jenkins.
- Experience with configuration tools: Puppet, Chef, etc.
- Configuration, Management, and Maintenance of Linux systems
- Development of Secure Cloud Networking policies and architectures
- Working alongside product architecture teams to make recommendations on DevOps practices
- Monitoring and development of monitoring procedures for multiple architectures
- Collaborate with your peers as a subject matter expert on Cloud, Datacenter Technologies, Automation, Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), IaC, SysOps and DevOps
- System-level scripting for deployments and maintenance
- Take part in off-hours on-call/coverage rotations
- Working with LDAP, Active Directory, DNS and VLAN technologies
Who do we need right now?
We’re looking for someone who thrives in a collaborative environment and gets excited about trying new technologies and new approaches to enhancing the quality and value of the software we deliver.
- 5+ year’s experience
- Experience with Amazon Web Services
- Must be proficient in one dynamic programming language (eg. Python)
- Solid understanding of both relational databases and NoSQL databases (running and scaling)
- Proficiency with at least one provisioning software (Terraform, RunDeck, Ansible, etc)
- Solid understanding of web transport protocols and common networking technologies
- Proficient with source control technologies (eg. Git)
- Experience working in and administering GNU/Linux
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent/closely related subject is preferred, Master degree is desirable
- Awareness of web security issues
- An understanding of the open source ethos and practices
- A passion for technology and innovation
- An understanding of technical feasibility analysis
What else would we really like to see?
We solve a lot of different kinds of problems for our customers, and we rely on a lot of different technologies to get the best answer. It would be a bonus for you to have:
- Experience with ElasticSearch or other search engines
- Experience with Containers
- Experience with Continuous Integration (eg. Jenkins)
- Experience with bug tracking tools such as JIRA
- Experienced with agile development best practices
- Open Source developer and/or contributor
For more information about this or other career opportunities, please visit www.eftech.com
EF Educational Tours offers international learning opportunities designed to provide students with firsthand exposure to the world’s cultural, historic and natural sites as they study them. For more information, visit www.eftours.com.
EF Educational Tours is a division of EF Education First, the world leader in international education. Founded in 1965, EF’s mission is to open the world through education. To date, EF has helped more than 15 million people learn a language, discover the world or earn an academic degree.
EF is an Equal Opportunity Employer