Senior Infrastructure Engineer
Tours IT Department
Who are we and what do we do?
The Tours IT department provides end-user and infrastructure support for 10 EF offices, and multiple cloud datacenters worldwide, across all our Tours businesses. In this role you will join our effort in providing the best possible solutions for each office and team we support. Our mission is to ensure that our technology works to advance not only the office locations we manage but enrich the development of the application teams we support locally in our Cambridge hub.
As the Senior Infrastructure Engineer, you will play a key role driving the team to get involved at multiple levels, including: recognizing toil and working to automate or eliminate wherever possible, teaming with others to strategize around the tools we (should) use and the approach taken, and helping to troubleshoot when critical issues arise.
What you’ll do:
This position will be a key member of our IT Operations teams that is responsible for the operational activities and software deployment orchestration related to the internal infrastructure of our rapidly expanding business.
- Develop, maintain, and operate scalable solutions using AWS
- Work closely with Development teams to implement and automate systems and architectures
- Drive Automation efforts across the organization, utilizing Infrastructure as Code (IaC), Configuration Management, and Continuous Integration (CI) / Continuous Delivery (CD) tools
- Collaborate with your peers as a subject matter expert on Cloud, Datacenter Technologies, Automation, Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS),IaC, SysOps and DevOps
Who you are:
You thrive in a collaborative environment and get excited about trying new technologies and new approaches to enhancing the quality and value of the software we deliver. You have:
- 5+ years’ experience
- Experience architecting systems with AWS
- Proficiency in a dynamic programming language (e.g.Python)
- Proficiency in provisioning software (e.g. Terraform,RunDeck, Ansible)
- Proficiency in source control technologies (e.g.Git)
- Solid understanding of both relational databases and NoSQL databases (running and scaling)
- Strong networking fundamentals
- Experience working in and administering GNU/Linux
- Awareness of web security issues
- An understanding of open source ethos and practices
- An understanding of technical feasibility analysis
What else would we really like to see?
We solve a lot of different kinds of problems for our customers, and we rely on a lot of different technologies to get the best answer. It would be a bonus for you to be:
- An AWS Certified Solutions Architect
- Experienced inElasticSearch or other search engines
- Experienced inContainers (eg. Docker, Kubernetes)
- Experienced in Agile development best practices
- An open Source developer and/or contributor
- Experienced in leading a team
For more information about this or other career opportunities, please visit www.eftech.com