Cultural Care Au Pair
Do you want to work in a fun, high-energy environment where you can make a difference in people’s lives each day and help open the world through education and cultural exchange? Cultural Care Au Pair is seeking tenacious and determined Program Consultants to work with potential host families to educate them about their childcare options and how Cultural Care Au Pair can help to solve their childcare needs. This role is a great entry in to the world of Cultural Care, and offers exciting potential career advancement for the right candidate.
Who are we?
At Cultural Care Au Pair, we believe that cultural exchange has the power to make the world a more welcoming, understanding, and open place. We build global families by bringing together international visitors with American host families—providing meaningful childcare for families, an unforgettable year in America for au pairs, and a culturally enriching experience for both parties.
We are proud to be the largest and most experienced au pair organization in the world, having successfully placed more than 120,000 au pairs into welcoming American homes since 1989. Our program is strictly regulated, and our dedicated staff all over the world work together to ensure each participant has the experience of a lifetime.
Here at Cultural Care, we are a team of problem-solvers, relationship-builders, and innovators who are constantly thinking about how we can improve our program experience, respond to micro- and macro-level challenges, and stay relevant to our global audiences.
Who are you?
You are able to make friends with almost anyone and frequently strike up a conversation with the person seated next to you on an airplane. You’re adventurous and speak passionately, so people regularly ask you for suggestions of places to go and things to do on the weekend. When it’s time to split the check at dinner with friends, you grab it, divide it, and calculate the tip. If you’re staying in, your friends look to you to collect and call in the takeout order. The concept of a “friendly game” of miniature golf is a stretch for you… you’d prefer to win.
- Consistently aim for quality outgoing calls to interested host families (not cold calls)
- Proactively reach out to prospects
- Navigate daily tasks of sales calling and task assignment
- Connect with customers who are considering inviting an au pair into their home in a timely and personable manner
- Get families excited about the possibility of au pair childcare and cultural exchange
- Evaluate suitability of potential host families in coordination with government regulations
- Set clear expectations about next steps and the overall program
- Regularly meet individual and team goals
- Collaborate across departments
- Help other departments in our busier months
The ideal candidate should have:
- High motivation to hit daily, weekly and monthly goals
- A team player attitude
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Strong adaptability, flexibility, and resourcefulness
- You can roll with the punches and adapt to scheduled work day being thrown off by longer calls
- Ability to effectively manage high daily phone call and email volume
- Prior experience in sales a plus
- Consultative or needs-based selling skills
- Polished speaking and writing skills
- An entrepreneurial spirit and a positive and upbeat demeanor
- Creative in their sales environment and how they collaborate with other departments
- Ability to work a minimum of one Saturday p/month (overtime compensation included)
- Bachelor’s degree
A few of our benefits & perks:
- Market-leading health insurance options with Harvard Pilgrim
- Bonus potential beyond salary
- 3 weeks paid vacation (1st year), followed by 4 weeks (2ndyear)
- 25% company match for your 401(k) contributions with Fidelity
- Comprehensive training and professional development, including an international trip to visit our overseas teams
- Sunny open-concept office space
- Company match of your charitable contributions (up to $500 per year)
- Onsite Tilt gym
- Complimentary in-house language classes, community service groups, and various other EF activities
Cultural Care Au Pair is associated with EF Education First, the world leader in international education.
EF is the world’s largest international education company – providing life-changing educational experiences to create global citizens. We offer millions of people the opportunity to learn a language, travel abroad, experience another culture or earn an academic degree. Since 1965, EF’s mission has been opening the world through education. Our 52,000 employees have a worldwide presence in over 600 schools and offices within 50 countries.
For more information about our career opportunities, visit www.careers.ef.com