EF Educational Tours
EF Educational Tours is seeking a passionate, energetic, entrepreneurial Marketing Manager to join our in-house creative and marketing team based in Boston.
In this role, you’ll be responsible for driving the planning and delivery of several integrated marketing campaigns that promote our various educational tours products – ensuring that our ideas turn into actions that further our mission of opening the world through education. You’re an independent strategic thinker, activator, and highly capable of executing complex initiatives.
Every day, you’ll brainstorm and collaborate with stakeholders from around the organization, understanding their needs, uncovering interesting opportunities, and generally turning unique business problems into elegant marketing solutions.
You’ll flex your strategic muscles, seeing three steps ahead, naturally anticipating roadblocks and realizing opportunities that others may not immediately see.
You’ll wow us with your organizational skills, masterfully choreographing cross-channel, multi-faceted marketing campaigns with ease.
And you’ll effortlessly charm your colleagues and coworkers with your happy disposition, and can-do attitude – routinely making the impossible, possible, and everyone around you better.
Nodding your head “yes” to all of this? Then read on…
- Be the glue that binds the business and the marketing team – helping to keep us tightly aligned
- Own and organize the various campaign plans and calendars that unfold throughout our year
- Work with producers, creatives, and other specialists to turn those plans into real world executions
- Be our all-seeing eyes, making sure that no opportunity is missed, or detail overlooked
- Help manage budgets, timelines, and project plans for multi-channel, integrated campaigns
- Provide regular status updates and reports that keep relevant stakeholders informed of our progress
- Generally be an optimistic, upbeat, and happy person that everyone enjoys working with
- 5+ years of experience working at a marketing agency or with an in-house marketing team
- Strong project management, planning, and organizational abilities
- Able to think strategically, and execute tactically
- Excellent teamwork and collaborative skills along with ability to partner with internal teams
- Able to meet regular deadlines and manage multiple workstreams and projects simultaneously
- Equally comfortable tracking budgets in Excel or presenting plans in PowerPoint
- Highly adaptable; energized by rapid change and ambiguity
Who We Are
- We’re the in-house agency for EF Tours. You can check out some of our work at ef.com, and you’ll quickly see that we’re not the stereotypical in-house agency.
- We’re gang of about 70 staff, based in 2 offices (most in Boston, MA and some in Toronto, Canada).
- We’re writers, designers, UXers (designers, researchers, and analysts), video editors, shooters, producers, photographers, marketing managers, data scientists, lead-generators, and more.
- We can make anything the business needs and create whatever we can dream up, all in-house.
- We’re a spirited bunch with an incredibly diverse set of skills—from competitive fencing to professional shoe testing to artisan bag-making to taking care of a fainting goat named Brian. (Really.)
- We’re a passionate crew that focuses on making great work, and we have lots of fun doing it.
- It’s the widest range of projects you’ll ever find under one roof (technically 4 roofs—our campus keeps growing!) And since we have no external agencies, we get to do it all, from 200 page catalogues to billboards, websites to videos shot in exotic locations, email/display campaigns to backpacks (literally down to the color and placement of every stitch).
- We do everything from the classic (or stereotypical if you insist) in-house work to the crazy-amazing career-making campaigns and everything in between. But no matter what the assignment, we view every project as an opportunity to make something we’re psyched to put in our portfolios and show off to our moms, dads, dogs, cats and/or park pigeons.
The Perks (and this is the abbreviated list)
- Competitive benefits package
- 401K with robust company match
- Three weeks paid vacation your first year, four weeks starting in your second year
- Opportunity to travel internationally
- Free in-house language classes
- Tuition reimbursement
- Charitable matching
A tiny bit about EF Education First
EF is the world’s largest international education company – providing life-changing educational experiences to create global citizens. We offer millions of people the opportunity to learn a language, travel abroad, experience another culture or earn an academic degree. Since 1965, EF’s mission has been opening the world through education. Our 52,000 employees have a worldwide presence in over 600 schools and offices within 50 countries.
Big, right? The interesting thing is that we don’t operate that way. It’s the best of a small company approach, atmosphere, and energy with the backing and support of a big one. Got an idea that will change the way we do business? Bring it up, and it can actually get implemented here. That’s pretty damn cool, and not something you’ll typically find at a traditional agency.
For more information about our career opportunities, visit www.careers.ef.com