Position Title: Quality Assurance Manager
Department: EdTech – Academic Services Operations Team
Report to: President, EF Online Teaching Services
Number of subordinates: 0
Seniority Level: Manager
Work Location: EF HQ, Lucerne
The Academic services QA Manager is positioned at the forefront of the online language learning arm of the TESOL industry. In this role you will be responsible for keeping pace with the latest trends, specializing in assessing performance, remotely providing expertise and support to Academic Operations Managers located in one of EF’s online teaching centers, researching and developing new methodologies related to quality assurance systems, among other exciting projects.
- Research, innovate and define measuring quality
- Developing and designing performance assessment systems
- Analyze customer feedback to further develop QA
- Analyze and evaluate quality reports
- Sets benchmarks and standards for teachers and monitors performance trends
- Facilitates collaboration between teams, business units and centers
- Regularly evaluates academic quality of online services delivered by the online centers
- Interpret data gathered
- Develops and creates training as needed
- Bachelor’s degree or above
- CELTA or equivalent (DELTA or equivalent preferred)
- A minimum of 4 years teaching experience
- A proven record of teacher development and/or project management
- Online teaching and training experience is an advantage
- Familiarity with software development methodologies and processes is an advantage
About EF Education First
At EF we believe that the world is better when people try to understand one another. Since 1965, we have helped millions of people see new places, experience new cultures, and learn new things about the world and about themselves. Our culturally immersive education programs—focused on language, travel, cultural exchange, and academics—turn dreams into international opportunities.
When you join EF, you join a multicultural and diverse community working across more than 600 schools and offices in 50 countries, all with one shared mission of opening the world through education. Whoever you are, whatever you are passionate about—we welcome you and want you to bring that to work every day. EF is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to inclusion and belonging across race, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, parental status, identity, experience and everything else that makes you unique.
EF Lucerne Benefits & fun stuff
- Free professional development opportunities covering the three pillars Communication, Business & Strategy and Career Development
- Reimbursement for Swiss Travel half pass
- Dry-cleaning pick-up service
- Free office passes for mountains museums, boats etc.
- Free coffee & tea
- Various discount rates on Hotels, Restaurants, Shops, moving companies, fitness, dentists, hairdressers etc.
- Discounted German classes
And if that wasn’t enough, to top it all off, you want to live in one of the most beautiful and amazing countries in the world: Switzerland. Where we spend our summer lunches swimming in the lake and winter weekends skiing the Alps. Not your thing? Well then there is always chocolate and cheese, or why not jet over to Paris, London, Amsterdam, Berlin, or Rome. We're not kidding - living here is amazing!