Job Title: Kitchen Porter
Location: Ashridge, Berkhamsted, Hertfordshire, HP4 1NS
Reports To: Head Chef
Full time: 40 hours per week (including evenings and weekends)
Salary: £17,250 per annum
With 190 bedrooms and a wide range of function rooms, our Food Production team cater for a wide range of dining experiences from intimate fine dining evenings to major conferences and weddings. We cater for a truly international clientele who have come to expect the very highest levels of food and service and we aim to exceed expectations every time.
We are currently looking for a Kitchen Porter within our Food Production department to carry out all basic cleaning jobs within the kitchen as quickly and efficiently as possible.
- Cleaning food preparation areas, which includes changing the bins and cleaning the floor
- Washing pots and pans
- Cleaning equipment
- Taking in and putting deliveries away
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Able to use their own initiative
- Hard working and reliable
- Works well under pressure
- Must hold a driving license, with access to their own transport
- Due to the nature of this position, the candidate must also have a good level of hygiene
- 25 days paid holiday each year (3 days typically held for Christmas period shutdown)
- Complimentary daily lunch and coffee/tea available to all staff
- Free access to on-site gym (with swimming pool, spa, sauna, steam room, squash court and outdoor sporting facilities)
- Free weekly yoga classes and organized staff 5ks
- Access to the company pension scheme and healthcare schemes
- Free staff shuttle to and from Berkhamsted station (set schedule)
- Free on-site parking
- Free access to Virtual Ashridge, our award winning online learning resource tool
Ashridge values diversity and welcomes applications from all sectors of the community. Ashridge has an equal opportunities policy applicable to all vacancies.
Ashridge House is a beautiful Grade 1 listed heritage property with world-class conference and training facilities. It is also the home campus of Ashridge Executive Education (one of three operating divisions of Hult International Business School) and the perfect location for corporate meetings and private events.
Ashridge House hosts both day and residential events for between 2 and 250 people, welcoming guests from all over the world. Set in extensive parkland in the Hertfordshire countryside, the magnificent neo-gothic mansion provides the complete meeting experience for our clients. Our beautiful private dining rooms in the historic Main House are available for functions, and our extensive 190-acre estate is ideal for teambuilding activities.