Traveler Support Specialist
EF Educational Tours
Join us at EF Educational Tours as we revolutionize the educational travel industry and transform students into the next generation of global citizens. As a Traveler Support Specialist for EF Educational Tours, you are the primary resource for parents as they navigate the process of sending their middle and high school students abroad. You will manage all aspects of the customer life cycle, by providing our travelers and their parents with information from initial tour enrollment, to preparing for departure, right up to the tour itself. This phone-based role will allow you to combine your sales instincts and outstanding communication skills to ensure that families have everything they need for a successful tour planning experience. Our fast-paced work environment pushes you to learn quickly, adapt often and juggle multiple priorities at once. Your energy, passion and commitment will drive you to provide each family with a beautiful customer experience.
In addition to sharpening your sales abilities, communication techniques and problem- solving skills, you’re also part of the most central customer-facing role within Educational Tours. Joining the Traveler Support Team comes with comprehensive training, on-the-job coaching and individualized professional development. You will also engage in regular collaboration with peers and managers from many other departments, giving you opportunities to build a strong internal network. In this role you will develop a well-rounded, transferable skill set and have the chance to drive your professional growth doing what you do best.
We'll be counting on you to:
- Clearly and concisely command inbound phone, chat and email communication
- Work with sales and operations teams to anticipate and resolve problems on behalf of customers
- Develop and implement regional and personal sales strategies to push the business forward
- Recognize great customer service and strive to provide it each day
- Manage and complete multiple high-priority responsibilities on a daily basis
- Be willing to enthusiastically take on new projects at any time
- Collaborate within regional teams to perform day-to-day account maintenance to ensure a beautiful customer experience
Who You Are
People from all different backgrounds have thrived in this role. What they have in common is that they are:
- A determined self-starter who is a positive force to be reckoned with
- A polished communicator who enjoys talking to people
- Able to jump in and resolve conflict head on
- Skilled at problem-solving and multi-tasking with an eye for detail
- Eager to be part of a team that motivates, inspires and challenges you
- Excited to learn and can adapt when things may not go as planned
- Always going above and beyond – it is the only way to do things
- A lifelong learner who believes in the power of experiential education
As if changing students' lives and making the world a better place isn't enough, we also offer the opportunity to:
- Live Well
- Benefits include a competitive base salary and 25% company match on your 401(k).
- Expand your worldview with paid international business travel plus three weeks of paid vacation time to start (and four weeks starting in year two). The more you develop, the more passport stamps you will collect.
- Be You
- We believe our business, like our world, is better when we embrace diversity.
- EF is proud to offer a market-leading health and dental benefits plan.
- Take advantage of discounts to local gyms or join an EF health and wellness organization like our Run Club.
- Build your network by joining one of EF’s employee resource groups, or an EF-Finity group such as LGBTQ+ @EF, Black@EF and Latinos@EF.
- Be engaged
- We work in an open environment without a cubicle in sight. You will also enjoy comprehensive professional development, free in-house language classes, a yearly stipend for continued education, and frequent sales competitions.
- Have fun
- Explore the neighborhood with discounts to local businesses, concert tickets and sporting events.
- Explore the world with discounts to hotels and flights as well as paid international travel.
About EF Education First
At EF we believe that the world is better when people try to understand one another. Since 1965, we have helped millions of people see new places, experience new cultures, and learn new things about the world and about themselves. Our culturally immersive education programs—focused on language, travel, cultural exchange, and academics—turn dreams into international opportunities.
When you join EF, you join a multicultural and diverse community working across more than 600 schools and offices in 50 countries, all with one shared mission of opening the world through education. Whoever you are, whatever you are passionate about—we welcome you and want you to bring that to work every day. EF is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to inclusion and belonging across race, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, parental status, identity, experience and everything else that makes you unique.
Founded in Sweden in 1965, EF has school and offices around the world, including hubs in Boston, London, Mexico City, São Paulo, Shanghai, Stockholm, Zürich, and more. Learn more at https://ef.com.