Job Title: Housekeeper – Full Time and Part Time positions
Location: Ashridge, Berkhamsted, Hertfordshire, HP4 1NS
Reports to: Housekeeping Team Leader
Full Time - 40hrs per week (inc weekends)
Part Time - 30hrs per week, ideally 0930-1430 5 days per week (inc weekends)
Salary: £17.077 (pro rata)
At Ashridge House, we place a lot of pride in the appearance and upkeep of our 190 guest rooms. Key to our client satisfaction, our housekeeping staff are extremely critical in enhancing our client experience. We are looking for people who enjoy delivering excellent customer service, while also having a little fun at work.
The role will suit someone who takes great care and attention in keeping their environment clean and tidy. We are looking for someone who is committed to achieving excellent customer service.
- Cleaning and turning over guest rooms, conference rooms, and event spaces
- Reporting maintenance issues when they arise
- Cleaning coffee areas and public areas
- Special cleaning projects as they arise
- Processing laundry, using our in-house equipment
- Cleaning offices and teaching rooms
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to take initiative
- Ability to prioritise your workload
- Customer focussed, this is a client-facing role
- Must hold a full driving licence and have access to your own transport
- A flexible approach
- Excellent customer service skills
- Prior housekeeping experience and/or hotel experience a plus
- 25 days paid holiday each year (3 days typically held for Christmas period shutdown)
- Complimentary daily lunch and coffee/tea available to all staff
- Free access to on-site gym (with swimming pool, spa, sauna, steam room, squash court and outdoor sporting facilities)
- Free weekly yoga classes and organized staff 5ks
- Access to the company pension scheme and healthcare schemes
- Free staff shuttle to and from Berkhamsted station (set schedule)
- Free on-site parking
- Free access to Virtual Ashridge, our award winning online learning resource tool
Ashridge values diversity and welcomes applications from all sectors of the community. Ashridge has an equal opportunities policy applicable to all vacancies.
Please note that you must have the right to work in EU to be considered for this position.
At the heart of Ashridge Executive Education is the Ashridge (Bonar Law Memorial) Trust, a major UK charity incorporated by Act of Parliament that exists to provide global executive education together with appropriate research and to maintain Ashridge House and Gardens for the benefit of the nation. The Ashridge site in Berkhamsted acts as both the hub for this global operation and as a major conference center.