Job Title: Maintenance Worker
Location: EF Academy Cotuit Campus and Cherwell Building
- Full-time 08.00 – 17.00 five days per week (including weekends as required)
- Holiday entitlement 25 days per annum plus bank holidays
- Salary £xx per annum
- Basic skills in plumbing, decorating, garden & grounds maintenance, furniture assembly, general building work & DIY
- Awareness of general health & safety issues at work
- Flexible approach to nature & hours of work undertaken is essential
- Highly motivated, energetic, positive
- High standards of presentation
- Customer service orientated, friendly & approachable manner
- Trustworthy & able to work independently with little supervision
- Excellent communicator with students, colleagues, and external clients
- Attention to detail, organised & thorough
- Make daily and on-going checks of areas to establish what work is required
- Checking and following up on items in the maintenance log file
- Prioritise tasks appropriately, taking health & safety concerns into account at all times
- Perform repairs and maintenance where possible to a high standard of finish
- Assist in maintaining supplies of maintenance stock, e.g. light bulbs, batteries, tools etc.
- Check furnishings regularly for any adjustments or repairs required
- Make daily checks of plant rooms to ensure they are clear of debris or unsafe items & boilers are running well.
- Testing of fire alarm & emergency lighting equipment
- Decorating & paintwork as required
- Furniture assembly
- Basic garden maintenance such as lawn mowing, weed clearance & tidying
- Sweep drive & paths and clearing litter from grounds, clear and grit paths in winter
- Basic plumbing such as dealing with blocked toilets, bleeding radiators, blocked drains, drain checks etc.
- Assist with regular safety checks such as ensuring fire doors are closing properly, fire signs are in place, fire alarm & emergency lighting equipment is functioning, fire blankets & extinguishers are in place and not tampered with etc.
- Assist with unexpected cleaning if required when cleaners are off site
- Ensure all school areas & grounds are clear of rubbish etc.
- Other general maintenance/caretaker duties as required
- Respond to emergency call outs outside of working hours if necessary in the absence of the Facilities and Maintenance Supervisor
ALL EMPLOYEES WILL BE REQUIRED TO HOLD AN ENHANCED DBS.
TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES MAY VARY.