EF Education First has an immediate opening for a Lead Salesforce Engineer on the EF International Language Campuses technology team. You will be in-charge of the end to end development of our Salesforce platform, joining a new team that EF is setting up in our beautiful headquarter in Zürich.
At this early stage, your role will include collaborating with our Product Owners, Solution Architects, Engineers, and Salesforce Admins, to continue the development and optimization of the platform. You will work hands-on with local and remote engineering teams to kick start projects, coach team members, and ensure that high quality solutions are delivered on time.
Later, as the team builds up, you will lead the development of new features collaborating with the business line and the other systems that integrates with yours. You will work together with multiple agile teams in Zurich and also interact with other teams around the world (limited travel).
As a foundation of your skills you have a strong previous OOD background in .NET or JAVA, and experience working across the full stack in large and complex enterprise systems. You have complemented this strong foundation with the skills you have gained as a Salesforce Engineer on the Salesforce platform.
You have a passion for elegant technology and design and the ability to lead & motivate developers while at the same time being an expert coder.
If you are excited about tackling and solving tough problems; if you want to be part of a fast-paced work environment and work inside the support structure of a global enterprise; if you want to be a front runner in changing how our EF conducts business through technology and design - then this position is for you.
- Lead the engineering of our new Salesforce implementation, collaborating with other teams and technical leaders in choosing and implementing the best-in-class solutions.
- Champion agile best practices, software engineering methodologies, and CI/CD practices.
- Coordinate with the architects’ group to validate, review and promote design choices.
- Integrate your system with other systems engineered by teams located both in-house and remotely, coordinating engineering strategies and common activities that impact other teams
- Manage and advise on technical delivery of Salesforce.com projects/integrations from a technical point of view & judge the tradeoffs with technology and feasibility and make choices that fit the constraints of the projects.
- Direct involvement and/or oversight of developing business requirements, specifications, process flows, application design, application configuration, testing and release management.
- Manage Salesforce.com technical environments to ensure safe, secure and organized deployment of projects/code/configuration & administer system releases using standardized release management techniques via Salesforce DX and Git.
Mindset and Interpersonal Skills
- You have excellent communication skills – not just spoken but also written.
- You are a team player – who is part of a successful cross-functional team having a composition of developers, QAs, BAs and Admins.
- Most importantly, you are sensitive to cultural differences in globally spread teams.
- Have strong attention to detail and excellent problem-solving skills.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related Engineering discipline.
- At least 8 years of software engineering and integration experience with .NET or JAVA.
- At least 5 years of Salesforce.com engineering experience.
- Great OO skills, including strong design patterns knowledge and enterprise integration paradigms.
- Knowledge of software best practices like Refactoring, Clean Code, Domain Driven Design, SOLID principles, etc.
- Demonstrative success with at least one large Salesforce.com implementation/integration project.
- Excellent knowledge of Salesforce.com architecture and data model.
- Hands-on experience in Web services and REST API development.
Who are we?
At EF Education First, we are travelers, innovators, thinkers and doers. We readily promote an open and collaborative workspace. Our people are our biggest asset, and together we have created a culture of cooperation, project ownership, and impact. As the world leader in international education, with more than 52,000 staff and teachers working in 52 countries around the globe, our mission is simple: Opening the world through education. Since we were founded over 50 years ago, EF has helped more than 15 million people see the world, learn a language, or earn an academic degree. Don't miss the unique opportunity to join our one-of-a-kind team!
EF is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All posts are subject to an enhanced DBS and character reference checks.