Program Support Advisor, EF Gap Year
Who you are:
A passionate leader, driven by creating a fantastic customer experience and eager to mentor students who are on a journey of personal growth and career development. You are able to understand and empathize with students and their parents during an important transformational time in their life, cheering them on and coaching them through challenges while motivating them to create and achieve personal goals and celebrate their wins.
Who we are:
EF Gap Year offers a 18-22 year olds a life-changing year or semester abroad that combines travel, language study, service learning, internship, and leadership training. We help students grow as people and provide hands-on experiences that better prepare them for college and the career world. We are the newest division in the EF Education First family of educational travel programs.
EF Gap Year is looking for a Program Support Advisor to help ensure a successful experience for travelers during their EF Gap Year or Semester. In this role, you will build trusting relationships with students and provide them with individual support. This includes helping them establish their personal goals and motivate them to achieve them. Beyond serving as a mentor to Gap participants, the Program Support Advisor is passionate about creating a flawless customer journey and takes initiative in creative finding solutions when parent or student concerns arise. They are a flexible team player, with a drive to enhance program quality and be a part of a new division of EF.
- Conduct admissions interviews for potential student candidates
- Engage with students at specific Gap Year components throughout the year, including internship interview preparation, Orientation and Leadership Academy
- Maximize student well-being and program success
- Help participants identify and achieve their personal growth goals through group and one on one coaching
- Help participants set goals, chart their progress throughout the experience, and measure learning outcomes
- Build meaningful relationships which anticipate customer needs
- Identify new and innovative ways to connect with and coach all Gap participants to success
- Serve as the primary contact for students, helping to resolve challenging customer and parent questions prior to departure and on program
- Collaborate with local resources on the ground and operations staff to problem solve any operational program issues
- Staff Emergency Support shifts outside of business hours throughout the time students are on program
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2+ years of experience, preferably relating to professional development, training, and customer support
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to build strong relationships, internally and externally
- Passionate and professional about delivering the best possible student experience
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills, with a positive and creative approach to challenging conversations
- Highly effective communication and organization skills with a strong attention to detail
- Eager to help students in what is an exciting and life-changing opportunity
- Ambitious and self-motivated; able to juggle and prioritize tasks working efficiently under pressure
- Flexible work style with a learner’s mindset
Highlights of Benefits
- Annual base salary
- Market-leading healthcare and other generous benefits including discounts on Patriots, Bruins and Celtics tickets as well as gym memberships and other retailers
- Three weeks paid vacation time to start and four weeks in year two
- Receive paid travel at least once a year in North America or internationally
- Complimentary in-house language classes
- Innovative and collaborative work environment
- Comprehensive training and professional development
- Nominated as one of the coolest companies to work for in Boston
About EF Gap Year
EF Gap Year transforms young people into true global citizens. Participants travel the world, learn a new language, volunteer for a good cause, gain internship experience in future careers, and develop leadership abilities. They build an impressive portfolio of global skills while away and return home more self-confident, self-reliant and mature—ready for success in college and professionally.
About EF Education First
EF is the world’s largest international education company – providing life-changing educational experiences to create global citizens. We offer millions of people the opportunity to learn a language, travel abroad, experience another culture or earn an academic degree. Since 1965, EF’s mission has been opening the world through education. Our 52,000 employees have a worldwide presence in over 600 schools and offices within 50 countries.
For more information about our career opportunities, visit www.careers.ef.com