Are you a traveler, innovator, doer and thinker? Do you believe education can open the world? Are you a positive, motivated, flexible and community-building person? If so, this might be the role for you!
EF International Language Campus in Vancouver is seeking a responsible individual to take on the exciting challenge of working in an international environment as a Resident Advisor (RA). The students of EF come from all over the world and range in age from 16 to 99. Program length can vary anywhere from 2 weeks to 11 months to study English and discover Canadian culture.
You will be an important part of the residential life working to increase customer service, enforcing school and residential rules and leading some activities.
- The RA position is a part-time leadership opportunity with a focus on community building and maintaining EF quality standards. Some periods of time will require greater staffing demands (such as high student intakes, trainings, and holiday periods) and all staff are expected to be available and respond as required.
- Resident assistants work some weekday evenings and a 4-5 hours each on Saturday and Sunday.
- RAs perform a number of tasks including, but not limited to: ensuring rooms meet safety and quality standards, creating a sense of community, advising and helping students with arrival/departure protocols, tending to assigned weekly administrative duties, working with building management and third party vendors including cleaning staff and ensuring smooth student arrivals and departures, and making sure that EF policies are enforced.
- RA’s are also on-call certain hours where they should be readily available to help out and ensure the safety of our students in the event of an emergency.
- RA’s organize and participate in activities for residence students.
- An RA must have a strong desire to provide support to the student body and to help make our international students feel at home while living in a new city.
- Previous RA experience an asset
- Vigilance in ensuring student safety and quality standards for the residence
- Excellent customer service
- Initiative and the willingness to roll-up one’s sleeves and do whatever it takes to get the job done
- Patience, flexibility and an upbeat attitude
- Maturity and professionalism as a strong policy enforcer and in dealing with sensitive issues
EF Education First is a global education company focusing on language, academic, cultural exchange, and educational travel programs.
We are 52,000 staff, faculty and teachers, working in over 612 offices and schools across 52 countries, and having a global presence in 116 countries. While we continue to grow, we strive to stay small so as to ensure agility, smart thinking and a fun place to work. For the past 53 years, EF has grown to include a range of programs that give students of all ages the freedom and confidence to explore the world through language, travel and education.
EF is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. References will be followed up and will ask specifically whether there is any reason that the applicant should not be engaged in situations where they have responsibility for, or substantial access to, persons under 18. Upon interview all gaps in CVs must be explained satisfactorily and proof of identity and, where applicable, qualifications will be required. Appropriate Languages Canada suitability and criminal record checks will be conducted prior to confirmation of appointment.