A teacher is responsible, on an individual and team basis, for providing students with a variety of services that enables students to reach their personal needs and objectives within the educational services framework. They will actively collaborate with all center staff to provide a welcoming and professional environment to everyone and a positive learning experience for students.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Complete all required administration to a high standard and in a timely manner
- Teach scheduled contact hours as requested by the academic office
- Provide high quality classes using our Efekta blended learning program
- Prepare materials and resources relevant to your classes, including a comprehensive syllabus for special interest classes, handouts, quizzes, tests and assignments as needed for each course
- Help students with queries they may have and communicate this with the appropriate department
- Actively participate in teacher meetings and all staff development activities
- Actively participate in any required observations and feedback sessions, training, development meetings and informational meetings
- Develop and use supplementary material within EF guidelines to support learning needs and objectives
- Liaise, support and collaborate with all staff tasked with providing study feedback and support to students
- Developing others
- Customer orientation
- Effective communication
- Building relations
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Fostering teamwork
- Result oriented
- South African ID holder
- Matric certificate
- 120 Hour TEFL Certificate with 6 hours of teaching practice; CELTA/CertTESOL (preferred)
- No experience needed
- FULL time or PART time positions available
EF Education First is a global education company focusing on language, academic, cultural exchange, and educational travel programs.
We are 52,000 staff, faculty and teachers, working in over 612 offices and schools across 52 countries, and having a global presence in 116 countries. While we continue to grow, we strive to stay small so as to ensure agility, smart thinking and a fun place to work. For the past 53 years, EF has grown to include a range of programs that give students of all ages the freedom and confidence to explore the world through language, travel and education.
EF is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. References will be followed up and will ask specifically whether there is any reason that the applicant should not be engaged in situations where they have responsibility for, or substantial access to, persons under 18. Upon interview all gaps in CVs must be explained satisfactorily and proof of identity and, where applicable, qualifications will be required. Appropriate suitability checks and Garda Vetting will be conducted prior to confirmation of appointment.