We are looking for an enthusiastic and experienced Senior Business Intelligence Developer to join the team at our headquarters in Zurich, Switzerland.
The core responsibility of the role is to develop a self-service analysis platform for our Operations team to help drive us towards becoming a data-driven organization. The candidate will design, develop, and maintain dashboards in PowerBI, and maintain our Data Warehouse solutions and SSAS Tabular data models. Great communication and collaboration skills are key as the role will be in frequent touch with our stakeholders, user base, and the team.
We are continuously searching for ambitious, driven and enthusiastic personalities, to join our strong network of professionals. EF is a young, dynamic and entrepreneurial company which is looking for independent responsible personalities with an international mindset.
We are looking for someone that has a knack for data visualization, strong analytical skills, and is able to think outside-the-box.
- Understand and conceptualize business requirements
- Design, develop and maintain dashboards and reports in PowerBI
- Develop and maintain data warehouse solutions
- Develop and maintain data models
- Train the user base
- Help steer the organization towards data-based decision making
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field
- Strong problem solving, quantitative, and analytical ability
- Strong ability to take initiative to solve business problems
- Strong ability to collaborate in a cross-functional team environment with individuals from diverse backgrounds and skill levels
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Fluent in English, spoken and written
- Six or more years’ hands-on experience in Business Intelligence or Analytics
- Proficient in Microsoft PowerBI
- Strong skills in DAX and MDX
- Proficient in Microsoft SQL, data warehousing, and data lakes
- Proficient in dimensional modelling
- Proficient in data modeling in SSAS Tabular (ideally in Azure)
- Experience in Microsoft Azure
- Experience in data visualization
- Experience in Agile Scrum process
- Experience with visual perception and human-centered design
- Experience with SSIS
- Experience with big data tools and architectures in AWS
- Experience with AWS Athena, AWS RedShift Spectrum, S3, IAM, Spark and Python
To be considered for this role, applicants must be either Swiss citizens, EU-nationals or have the legal right to live and work in Switzerland.
Why work at EF?
- We are international. With a global network of offices and schools, EF is able to offer an international career in any part of the world.
- We are entrepreneurial. EF has grown into the largest international education company by hiring people who are street smart and “can get things done”. Our entrepreneurial spirit is at the core of what makes working at EF a ton of fun.
- We embrace change. Be prepared to join a flexible organization where no day is the same. We believe change is key to business success, personal development, and career progression.
EF is the world leader in international education. Our mission is to open the world through education and so far we have helped over 15 million people learn a language, discover the world or earn an academic degree.
We have fifteen subsidiaries and non-profit organizations, schools and offices in over 50 countries and employ over 43,000 staff and teachers. In today’s increasingly complex and interdependent world our mission is more relevant than ever.
EF is an equal opportunities employer. EF offers competitive salaries and a multicultural working environment. If you are motivated by the prospect of an international career with a dynamic and forward-thinking company, we want to hear from you.