Do you want the opportunity to work in an international environment? Do you love traveling and do you want the opportunity to work for a company where you could start a global career? Do you enjoy striking up conversation with new people? If so, this role could be the one for you!
We are currently seeking a friendly, self-motivated and outgoing individual to work in our Brighton Office. Heading up our Host Family Recruitment team, you will be reporting directly to the Operations Manager and manage all aspects of our host family recruitment process.
For the past 50 years, EF Education First has been the world's leader in international education. We offer students from all over the world the opportunity to study, learn and improve their English language skills. As part of the program, they live with a local host family or in a residence.
In this role, you will work as part of the Accommodation Team, responsible for recruiting homestay hosts, and caring for the welfare of our international students during the summer. You will be working from the Accommodation Office in our EF Brighton office to recruit host families and to assist individuals who have queries or questions about potentially hosting an international student, and to act as a liaison between students and accommodation providers as required during the summer. You will organise and take part in host family recruitment actions, which includes but not limited to
- Visiting local families ensuring compliance and standards
- Ensuring the smooth running of our student accommodation during summer
- Managing the training of part-time visitors & telesales/admin staff
- Working off-site for promotional recruitment street actions, events, fairs and leafleting
- Working towards goals and targets for KPIs and student satisfaction rates
- Monitoring student evaluation comments and scores and responds to comments and complaints as required during the summer and off season groups
- Ensuring a high level of customer support service to host families
Skills and experience
The perfect candidate should be able to take initiative, thrive in a target driven environment, have an entrepreneurial spirit, and like working in a dynamic, energetic and fast moving team.
- Fluency in English
- Telemarketing experience is highly desirable
- Driving license preferable
- Excellent telephone and communication skills
- Highly motivated, energetic, positive, responsible
- Proactive, confident and a good salesperson
- Friendly and approachable manner, not afraid to speak to strangers in person or on the phone and build a quick rapport
- Happy to work flexible hours, evenings and weekends where required
- Comfortable with the peaks and troughs of a seasonal job
- Able to remain calm under pressure and to diffuse potentially difficult situations
- Attention to detail, independent thinker, organised & thorough
EF Education First is a global education company focusing on language, academic, cultural exchange, and educational travel programs. We are 52,000 staff, faculty and teachers, working in over 612 offices and schools across 52 countries, and having a global presence in 116 countries. While we continue to grow, we strive to stay small so as to ensure agility, smart thinking and a fun place to work. For the past 53 years, EF has grown to include a range of programs that give students of all ages the freedom and confidence to explore the world through language, travel and education.
EF is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. References will be followed up and will ask specifically whether there is any reason that the applicant should not be engaged in situations where they have responsibility for, or substantial access to, persons under 18. Upon interview all gaps in CVs must be explained satisfactorily and proof of identity and, where applicable, qualifications will be required. Appropriate suitability checks and Garda Vetting will be conducted prior to confirmation of appointment.