Job Title: Senior Team Leader, Operations Support Services (Venue)
Location: Ashridge House, Berkhamsted, Hertfordshire, HP4 1NS
Reports to: Manager of Operations Support Services
Salary Range: £22,950 - £25,000
Set in 190 acres of beautiful landscaped gardens, Ashridge House is a magnificent venue fusing historic grandeur with contemporary design to create an exceptionally flexible event space. Rated one of the best conference and event facilities in the UK, Ashridge House consists of inspiring spaces for meetings and events or the perfect setting for a celebratory dinner. Ashridge House is also home to Ashridge Hult Executive Education.
At Ashridge we provide a World Class, Client Centric experience in Executive Education and as an award-winning venue of choice. To deliver this experience, we have a highly dedicated, experienced Team of hospitality professionals who look after the day-to-day needs of our Clients care and comfort. An exciting opportunity has arisen to join this Team, within our Operational Support Services department, which includes Venue Services and Housekeeping.
The Senior Team Leader will act as the Department Manager’s “Number 2” and is responsible for maintaining the highest of operational standards on the day-to-day delivery of operational support. This newly created role will be responsible for managing the carrying out of a range of duties to ensure that our Clients receive excellent service throughout their stay.
The Senior Team Leader will support the Department Manager in strategic matters, and in organising the Team Leaders and other Team members in daily, weekly and monthly duties, activities, and workload planning.
The range of duties include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting the Department Manager in developing the skills and potential of the Operational Service team
- Room set-ups and clear downs; Client teaching areas, corporate events, weddings, etc…
- Maintaining security, health and safety of the Client environment, and that of the working environment
- Managing services such as parcels, and deliveries of non-perishable goods
- Assisting Clients with their luggage and other onsite services
- Managing the Reception Desk during evening shifts, if required
- Assisting within the Guest Services department, when required
- Being responsible for the security of the whole site, ensuring all security procedures are undertaken, including the operation and monitoring of CCTV around the site. Taking appropriate action to prevent trespassing
- Being available to receive and respond to all enquiries either in person or by telephone in an informative, efficient and courteous manner.
- Have excellent communication and customer service skills
- Ability to resolve problems quickly, efficiently and practically
- Have an ability to lead the Team from the front and by example
- Have a basic working knowledge and experience of using simple IT, as all workflow is managed from tablets and smart phones.
- Have experience with creating and managing Team members’ work schedules and managing other work-flows
- Have a ‘can-do’, ‘nothing is impossible’ attitude
- Have 2+ years’ experience leading a Team in a 4-star or equivalent environment
- Innovative, self-motivated and able to work on own initiative
- Positive and constructive, willing to take ownership of work load and situations
- Team player, able to work as part of a team whilst being the Senior Team Leader
- Able to demonstrate a high level of customer focus, both internally and externally
- A full clean standard UK driving licence
- First aid trained
Does this describe you?
Then the stage is waiting for you – apply today.
- 25 days paid holiday each year (3 days typically held for Christmas period shutdown)
- Complimentary daily lunch and coffee/tea available to all staff
- Free access to on-site gym (with swimming pool, spa, sauna, steam room, squash court and outdoor sporting facilities)
- Access to the company pension scheme and healthcare schemes
- Free staff shuttle to and from Berkhamsted station (set schedule)
- Free on-site parking
- Free access to Virtual Ashridge, our award winning online learning resource tool
Ashridge values diversity and welcomes applications from all sectors of the community. Ashridge has an equal opportunities policy applicable to all vacancies.