Senior Accountant/Analyst EF International Language Campuses Cambridge, MA
EF International Language Campuses is in search of a Senior Accountant/Analyst to join our fun and dynamic team! We are seeking an ambitious, driven and enthusiastic candidate that has a flair for numbers and will help our business partners drive the success of our growing products. Your energy, initiative, and willingness to effect change will be crucial in this role.
Our Team and What We Do:
We are a team of 12 – accountants, senior accountants, interns, accounting manager and VP of Finance – that care about providing top service to the operations and sales teams we support! We love learning, teaching, collaborating, always improving and having fun while we’re doing it. We are the Accounting and Finance team for the Language products of EF in North America!
As a Senior Accountant/Analyst, you will report to the Accounting Manager of the ILC Finance team and form the first point of contact for your business partners outside of Finance. You will ensure the monthly and quarterly closes of one or more companies are carried out to a high standard, oversee balance sheet reconciliations, intercompany transactions and vendor payment processes. You will assist your internal customers with their forecasting, planning and analysis needs on a regular basis and seek out opportunities to drive changes in the business. In addition, you will also have the opportunity to coach and mentor other members of the team helping to drive the success of our day-to-day and weekly activities. The position provides excellent opportunities to build experience within a team of 10-12 people in a truly international environment.
Daily/monthly activities will include:
- Assist business partners with budget questions or requested financial account analysis. Work collaboratively with other functional areas (payroll, operation staff) and other EF businesses.
- Play a key role in the quarter end and annual close processes by ensuring all required entries are posted (e.g. payroll, shared services) reviewing accounts for accruals, and closing financial packages.
- Interact with internal operations field staff to help answer finance related questions and payments to external vendors.
- Prepare, review and post journal entries.
- Oversee balance sheet reconciliations including bank accounts, prepaid accounts, accrued payables and fixed assets.
- Assist in cash management processes including weekly vendor payment processes and appropriate funding of bank accounts.
- Assist with year-end audit requests.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance. CPA or CPA track is an added bonus!
- 3+ years’ experience in an accounting or finance related role. Having worked in a collaborative team environment is important.
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office products including Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Self-starter who combines a strong technical understanding with excellent verbal, presentation, and written communication and social skills.
- Go-getter attitude – ability to seek out problems and find solutions
- Excellent organizational skills and highly attentive to detail
About EF Education First
We’re 43,500 small. We’re teachers and students, creators and analysts, visionaries and doers. We are 120 nationalities—and counting. Together, we open the world through education, breaking down barriers of language, culture and geography all over the world. Over the past 50 years, our mission has grown to include a diverse range of programs that give millions of students of all ages the freedom and confidence to explore the world through language, travel and academic opportunities. Follow us on LinkedIn or check out http://careers.ef.com to learn more about our amazing team, products, and customers.