Company: EF Student Services Ltd
Closing Date: 27th of July
Education First is a growing education company employing more than 50,000 people in over 500 schools and offices worldwide.
We are seeking a senior-level, innovative and independent Architectural Consultant - Lead Environmental Designer who aspires to the highest standards of design brilliance to join our design studio in Chelsea, London. In this role, you will be working both independently and with our Head of Graphic Designer to create informational and experiential graphics to be applied to EF schools, residence and offices in locations all over the world from Boston to Shanghai, Zurich to Cape Town.
Our design studio specialises in projects where signage, wayfinding, brand identity, environmental graphics and art installations are integral to the overall experience of the project. We bring unique solutions to every project and always enhance opportunities to integrate graphics in three-dimensional environments.
The candidate must be able to work closely with our internal design team of architects, interior designers and graphic designers, third party vendors and clients, and have efficient time management and organizational skills required to handle multiple worldwide projects with aggressive timelines.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as an environmental design lead who both leads and supports the design team and responds to a broad range of client initiatives
- Actively participate in all aspects of the design process
- Prepare presentations and drawing packages including rendered perspectives, plans, elevations, and details for environmental graphics projects
- Follow projects through design and production to installation
- Research local code and building requirements that impact design execution
- Undergraduate design degree; graduate degree preferred
- 5+ years of environmental design experience with supporting portfolio, experience within an architectural and/or interior design studio
- Expertise in 3D visualization/rendering tools
- Experienced with 3D software (SketchUp preferred)
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite
- Expert visual sense and understanding of typography and composition
- Strong sense of imagery, color and design in three dimensional environments
- Ability to develop construction document sets
- Expertise in following ADA standards and city code requirements specific to signage is a plus
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Excellent understanding of fabrication, use of materiality and installation methods
- Proficient in multi-tasking and juggling several projects at once