From the unfamiliar to the unforgettable!
As a Course Leader you will travel abroad with your own group of students during summer 2020. Language Travel trips last from two to four weeks depending on the course and the destination. You will have to be available for the students whenever they need you. Together you will do lots of different activities, dance at discos, play football or just hang out at the beach. You will work in an international environment where you meet people from all over the world. The students are between 7-17 years old and they study English, Spanish, German, French, Japanese or Korean. Even though there are lots of fun activities and excursions planned for the students, YOU can make a great impact on the students’ experience by being a great leader!
Course Leader duties
- Travel together with the students from Italy to the destination (UK, Ireland, Malta, USA, Canada, Australia, Switzerland, Spain, Germany, France, Japan or Korea).
- Cooperate with your local leader. Do research about different activities and plan your stay and the activity chart together with local staff.
- Be available for your students 24/7. There may be situations where you have to make quick decisions as a leader.
- Make sure no one is feeling left out, group dynamics is a big part of being a Course Leader. You have to be able to sense if something is wrong or if there is a student in need of your help.
- Make sure the students are following the EF rules which they all have read and signed. Participate in different group meetings with other staff at the destination. Work late hours, for example at the discos.
Who are we looking for?
The ideal leader is:
- Fluent Italian speaker (native or C2 level)
- Fluent in English and the language spoken in the destination course country (Spanish, German, French, Japanese and / or Korean).
- As you would be working with minors, there is a preferred minimum age of 23
- Responsible and well-organised
- Social, outgoing and confident
- Taking own initiatives
- Dedicated to take on any task or assignment
- Able to make good decisions in stressful situations
- Experienced in travelling, studying or living abroad
- Experienced as a teacher or has pedagogical experience from working with minors (would be a plus)
Who are we?
At EF Education First, we are travelers, innovators, thinkers and doers. We readily promote an open and collaborative workspace. Our people are our biggest asset, and together we have created a culture of cooperation, project ownership, and impact. As the world leader in international education, with more than 52,000 staff and teachers working in 52 countries around the globe, our mission is simple: Opening the world through education. Since we were founded over 50 years ago, EF has helped more than 15 million people see the world, learn a language, or earn an academic degree. Don't miss the unique opportunity to join our one-of-a-kind team!
EF is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All posts are subject to criminal background checks and character reference checks.