EF is investing big in new software innovation products for the next generation of Education experiences. We want to reinvent Learning and drive new and engaging ways for Students and Teachers to get the best out of our platform. We're looking for like-minded individuals who love to grow and solve new and interesting problems.
We are looking for talented cloud service engineer with extensive experience in operating in a live production environment. Your primary focus will be on the health and support aspect of our online teaching platform, by driving improvements in quality, process and code; as well as designing, building and deploying new platform features.
You will be part of a team that obsesses over quality and is committed to putting our customers first. You will be involved in all aspects of software development; from initial development, to the deployment of the service in production; the testing and documentation.
- Develop and maintain tools and functionality to expand the platform’s support capability
- Be part of the on-call rota.
- Generate reliability reports.
- Work with other specialists to implement features on time, to quality, and to specification.
- Understand testing methodologies and be able to write testable code along with the relevant tests.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- At least 5 years working in a Live Ops development team.
- BSc, BEng in Computer Science, other technical subject, or equivalent qualification or technical experience a plus.
- Experience with GO would be desirable.
- Experience working with Relational (SQL) and Non-Relational (NoSQL) databases
- Experience working with AWS and/or Terraform would be a plus.
- You should have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experience with monitoring and resolving issues in a production environment is required.
- Strong analytical skills.
- An ability to work quickly, efficiently, and to a tight deadline.
- An outgoing and enthusiastic personality.
- A real passion for working in a team and building great products that delight end users. A drive for excellence and improvement.
- A love of software and coding!
BENEFITS AND FUN STUFF:
- The opportunity to have a positive, and genuine, impact on people’s lives.
- Work with an amazing team of designers, engineers, academics and product people.
- As a global company with premium offices worldwide, you will have a network of locales to exchange between as you grow with the company.
- A competitive salary with 25 days holiday.
- Private medical insurance, and a wide array of employee benefits and support in place.
- Regular social activities.